Songs to play at horse therapy? - The Horse Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-31-2012, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 522
• Horses: 2
Songs to play at horse therapy?

Me and a friend have been given the task to compile a list of songs to play at horse therapy where we work. I need suggestions. I figured I'd ask you all for help! :)

Any ideas? Country is preferred. Rap or hard rock is... Well, we'd consider it, gotta be fair, LOL.

Step one: Mount horse. Step two: Stay mounted.
ShinaKonga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 68
• Horses: 1
Enya.com | Enya Music Videos

=) I love riding to Enya! Meditating, too.

"There's no such thing as a problem horse. Just people that cause problems for horses." - Unknown
BooBear is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 03-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 296
• Horses: 0
What kind of therapy is it?

I think knowing the therapy goals would help...

IOW -

Are these kids overcoming physical disabilities?

Are these shy kids learning to come out of their shell and interact?

Are these people learning to deal with aggression and/or anger issues?

Leasing a spoiled rotten trail horse...pretty - but a brat!
Daisy25 is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 522
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy25 View Post
What kind of therapy is it?

I think knowing the therapy goals would help...

IOW -

Are these kids overcoming physical disabilities?

Are these shy kids learning to come out of their shell and interact?

Are these people learning to deal with aggression and/or anger issues?
All of the above. But we don't really need anything passionate or inspirational... We're just bored. LOL

Step one: Mount horse. Step two: Stay mounted.
ShinaKonga is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dillon, Montana
Posts: 65
• Horses: 1
At the riding school I'm attending we play TONS of Johnny Cash. The horses love it, we love it...It works well and people who like country like it as do people who like rock.

Crimsons Clover is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,869
• Horses: 0
Some inspirational type country songs, I'm still thinking (I usually listen to not family friendly stuff when I ride lol)
Travis Tritt - It's a great day to be alive
Alabama - Angels among us
Garth Brooks - The River
Rascal Flatts - My Wish
Tim McGraw - Live like you were dying
LeeAnn Womack - I hope you dance

Fun country songs, more upbeat
Dwight Yoakum - Guitars, Cadillacs (old but a fun one)
Toby Keith - American Ride
Craig Morgan - International Harvester

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, Take another shot.
MHFoundation Quarters is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 522
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters View Post
Some inspirational type country songs, I'm still thinking (I usually listen to not family friendly stuff when I ride lol)
Travis Tritt - It's a great day to be alive
Alabama - Angels among us
Garth Brooks - The River
Rascal Flatts - My Wish
Tim McGraw - Live like you were dying
LeeAnn Womack - I hope you dance

Fun country songs, more upbeat
Dwight Yoakum - Guitars, Cadillacs (old but a fun one)
Toby Keith - American Ride
Craig Morgan - International Harvester
I like it! Thanks! I have a few of these on there already too, you seem to be on my wavelength

Step one: Mount horse. Step two: Stay mounted.
ShinaKonga is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 522
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsons Clover View Post
At the riding school I'm attending we play TONS of Johnny Cash. The horses love it, we love it...It works well and people who like country like it as do people who like rock.
I'll have to look into some of his music... all I know is 'Ring Of Fire'. Also, so cool that you're in Dillon- I spent the summer in Helena being a live-in student to learn horse training this past summer. Love the area.

Step one: Mount horse. Step two: Stay mounted.
ShinaKonga is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,869
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinaKonga View Post
I like it! Thanks! I have a few of these on there already too, you seem to be on my wavelength
You're welcome. That's the kind of stuff I play when lesson kids are here, when it's just me not so much

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, Take another shot.
MHFoundation Quarters is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dillon, Montana
Posts: 65
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinaKonga View Post
I'll have to look into some of his music... all I know is 'Ring Of Fire'. Also, so cool that you're in Dillon- I spent the summer in Helena being a live-in student to learn horse training this past summer. Love the area.
It's all very cowboy-ish

I love Dillon. I'm from SoCal so Montana is a million times better :)

Crimsons Clover is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Star, an amazing therapy horse Lakotababii Horse Memorials 8 01-14-2011 12:32 AM
Poem-- Horse Therapy trailqueen Horse Videos 0 09-16-2010 03:52 PM
Set of Magnetic Horse Therapy nrhareiner Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 05-07-2010 11:11 AM
Songs that remind you of your horse? NordicJuniper Horse Talk 10 09-13-2009 05:33 AM
Issac the Therapy Horse Whipple Horse Pictures 1 04-24-2009 07:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome