Stable Manager is a Scammer! - Page 3 - The Horse Forum

 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mls View Post
As in locking the horse IN her stall??
Delilah's stall door is locked, and the run's gate is chained and locked. The manager started take her things out, like her feeder bucket, hay bag, and blocks, despite what the owner told her. We now have everything back, and the property owner suggested we lock the gate and door.
Lady is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM
mls
Trained
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 5,464
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
Delilah's stall door is locked, and the run's gate is chained and locked. The manager started take her things out, like her feeder bucket, hay bag, and blocks, despite what the owner told her. We now have everything back, and the property owner suggested we lock the gate and door.
So the horse is trapped?
mls is offline  
post #23 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26
• Horses: 0
Update

One of the horses got repossessed... the second one in the past 2 months. The girl was FURIOUS and called Animal Control for the neglect that the "stable manager" was doing to the horses. I guess things are catching up to her. I'll keep myself out of it, though she's ruining her own reputation, I shouldn't allow myself to go down with her.
Lady is offline  
post #24 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mls View Post
So the horse is trapped?
Trapped? No, she's in her stall and run... She's not trapped at all. She's just as she was, only with security that the manager won't be harming her or taking more of her things.

We have a key, as well as the owner. And she still gets walked daily.
Lady is offline  
post #25 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,888
• Horses: 2
And if the entire barn catches on fire or some other natural disaster causes the barn to become structurally unsafe, then what? Your horse will perish as nobody will be able to open the stall door.

If I couldn't afford to have my horse in a decent, SAFE place, I'd find him a new home with a new owner that could afford him.
Delfina is offline  
post #26 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfina View Post
And if the entire barn catches on fire or some other natural disaster causes the barn to become structurally unsafe, then what? Your horse will perish as nobody will be able to open the stall door.

If I couldn't afford to have my horse in a decent, SAFE place, I'd find him a new home with a new owner that could afford him.
I didn't think of it that way. But the owner of the property does have a key. And like I said, we are looking into other places to board. I don't feel comfortable with the manager having access to her.
Lady is offline  
post #27 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 1,364
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
Trapped? No, she's in her stall and run... She's not trapped at all. She's just as she was, only with security that the manager won't be harming her or taking more of her things.

We have a key, as well as the owner. And she still gets walked daily.

Walkedc daily? For hours? How long is she walked for? That's not enough mvoement for a healthy horse.
LetAGrlShowU is offline  
post #28 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,441
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
I don't feel comfortable with the manager having access to her.
I'd feel less comfortable knowing my horse was in danger of being burned alive.
equiniphile is offline  
post #29 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Iowa Park, TX
Posts: 1,283
• Horses: 4
The BO doesn't want to "fire" the stable manager because she'll loose 6 horses? If the stable manager is late and/or not paying monthly, then the BO is loosing out on 6 paying horses a month!
FIND A NEW BARN (I know you said you were) and I'd be tempted to call animal control also about her, that she is not feeding your horse as you ordered, and the horse is loosing weight!

Good luck
nuisance is offline  
post #30 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 05:08 PM
mls
Trained
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 5,464
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
The BO doesn't want to "fire" the stable manager because she'll loose 6 horses? If the stable manager is late and/or not paying monthly, then the BO is loosing out on 6 paying horses a month!
FIND A NEW BARN (I know you said you were) and I'd be tempted to call animal control also about her, that she is not feeding your horse as you ordered, and the horse is loosing weight!

Good luck
Although if she has her horse locked in a stall without a chance for someone to help it in case of injury or accident, animal control won't like that either!
mls is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barn Manager SOS agilepem Barn Maintenance 8 10-19-2011 09:16 AM
Scammer on Dreamhorse Eolith Horses for Sale 9 08-08-2010 10:10 PM
I need help telling the barn manager.... 22ponygirl527 Horse Boarding 12 04-10-2010 01:35 AM
Barn manager SonnyWimps Horse Talk 10 05-05-2008 09:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome