Stallion family trees
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Stallion family trees

This is a discussion on Stallion family trees within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Spruce meadows stallion evergreen
  • Warmblood family tree

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    09-05-2010, 09:43 PM
  #1
Weanling
Question Stallion family trees

My horse is out of one of the spruce meadows stallions, and I was just wondering if there was any way to trace his siblings / ancestors? Are there any websites dedicated to this sort of thing?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    09-05-2010, 09:58 PM
  #2
Green Broke
If it's registered with a breed registry, they will have it's full bloodlines available to you.
     
    09-05-2010, 09:59 PM
  #3
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonannuniel    
my horse is out of one of the spruce meadows stallions, and I was just wondering if there was any way to trace his siblings / ancestors? Are there any websites dedicated to this sort of thing?
That would be one of the warmblood registries.

What is the stallion's name and registry ( I am guessing it would be Hanoverian)
     
    09-05-2010, 10:46 PM
  #4
Weanling
The stallion is Evergreen, who is a hanoverian, i'm not sure what the registry is, or how to find it..
     
    09-05-2010, 11:09 PM
  #5
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonannuniel    
the stallion is Evergreen, who is a hanoverian, i'm not sure what the registry is, or how to find it..


Evergreen Hanoverian

Evergreen Hanoverian Stallion

Comes from the "E" line. Not a well represented line but has produced mostly jumpers.

All Hannovarians starting with the initial E that are bred true ( to registered and approved Hanoverian mares) will be related to your horse in some way.
     
    09-05-2010, 11:13 PM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
Evergreen Hanoverian

Evergreen Hanoverian Stallion

Comes from the "E" line. Not a well represented line but has produced mostly jumpers.

All Hannovarians starting with the initial E that are bred true ( to registered and approved Hanoverian mares) will be related to your horse in some way.
so, when you say starting with the initial E, does that mean their name starts with an E?
     
    09-05-2010, 11:30 PM
  #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonannuniel    
so, when you say starting with the initial E, does that mean their name starts with an E?

Yes.

All Hannovarians are under the registry rule required to carry the initial of their sire.

For example my stallion starts with a "D" because his sire line come from the D line. His sire starts with a D as does his sire's sire going back many many generations. Hanoverians are easy to trace because of that.

Now Trakhners do the opposite and their initial is taken from the dam line and can prove more difficult to follow. Other warmbloods take the initial from the year they are born with a letter assigned to each year.
     

Tags
family, stallion

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i want your opinions on Flex Trees lilkitty90 Horse Tack and Equipment 18 02-22-2010 11:36 PM
flex trees - your opinions ? Juniper Horse Tack and Equipment 5 02-22-2010 12:59 PM
Trees kko Horse Talk 0 08-02-2009 06:31 PM
Horses and trees???? Help paintedcity Horse Talk 9 08-22-2008 12:35 AM
Killing my trees Vidaloco Horse Health 23 02-28-2008 12:46 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0