Is This Sufficient for Starting Out?
Wellll I've got AMAZING news! Our house that we've been trying to sell has just gone under contract and closes in under 20 days, and my parents told me that once our house sells and we get settled, we will get serious about buying a horse due to having enough to be able to 'afford it' (who can really 'afford' a horse :P). So I've started gathering a list together of what Im going to get to start out with. I most deffinately wont get it all at once, of course, but will add it up and start from here. By the time I actually have a horse and look at more products, then the list will most likely have things added and/or change. So here goes! Tell me if any of the specific products listed suck or if theres a better alternative. I went on statelinetack and dovers and went through each category, and then each sub-category and went the pricing from low to high and wrote down the things that appeal to me as the cheapest for the best value/quality and what I would need. Surprisingly didnt take too long!
2. Jewel Of The Bridle Charm
3. 1 In Engraved Brass Halter/Bridle Tag
5. Kincade Leather Chafeless Girth
6. Kincade Raised Breastplate
7. Kincade Rainbow Reins
9. Lami-Cell Truffle All Purpose Pad
10. Double Sided Waffle English Pad W/Fleece
11. Stainless Steel Peacock Irons Pair
12. EquiStar Elan II Dressage Whip
13. Tough-1 Nylon Lunge Whip
14. Saxon Standard Neck
15. Hay Bag with Dividers
16. Lexol Leather PH Cleaner
17. Pro-Craft Portable Tack Hanger
18. Fiebings Saddle Soap 12oz
19. Pro-Craft Folding Saddle Stand
22. Splint Boots for Jumping
23. Eqyss Micro-Tel Natural Medicated Shampoo & Conditioner
25. Horse-Aid First Aid Kit
26. Fly Spray
27. Fly Mask
28. Tack Trunk (Huge trunk from home depot for cheap)
29. Hay Net
30. Grooming Supplies
31. Tail Wrap
Keep in mind that some things like the engraved tag or jewel thing are just for my own fun :] And when it says things like Grooming supplies or saddle, and doesnt have a specific product, I either already have some of it, or havnt decided which, but know I will need it!.
Im SO excited and can't wait to tell my trainer! She's been praying and hoping our house gets sold as much as I have been so that we can FINALLY move forward with our lives (not just horse wise, but our house was financially hurting us in all aspects of our lives). WOO!!!!!