1. Do you own/lease/ride? Yes/no/yes
2. How often do you ride? I spend several hours a day in the saddle.
3. How long have you been riding for? Since before I could walk so 33 years. I started showing small fry w/t/c classes on my own at 5.
4. What dicipline do you do? Mainly western performance (my fam has raised cutting/reining bred QHs for 50+ years) but have also shown wp, hunt seat, jumpers, speed events, team penning, sorting, my favorites though are horsemanship & showmanship where it's all on me if I succeed.
5. How old are you? 33
6. Do you compete? Not at the moment, I have yearling & 2 yo prospects that I'm anxiously waiting on to grow up. My 2 yo will get a reining foundation but eventually become an all arounder for my daughter. My yearling is my personal prospect and plan at this point for her is reined cowhorse and toying with the idea of her being my 19 second pole horse.
7. Describe your horse/horses? Oh boy...there's a lot, all QH's but one. The old farts - Jana (26) was my youth reining horse but did it all, Buttons (24) was my wp futurity mare - they both now teach my youngest students the ropes. Missy -21 yo Hanoverian mare, jumper, my for fun horse & english lesson schoolie. Dynasty (17) the last son of my gpa's stud he started the family farm with, sire of my 2 prospects. Lacey (10) dam of my prospects, former team roping horse, now my hubby's trail horse. Woodstock (7) my pita, to hell & back horse (long story) last son of Hondo, my old man I lost at 31 back in April. Merit (2) future all arounder for my kiddo. Honor (1) my personal performance prospect. Stubby (21) 13.2 quarter pony all-arounder, my sister's show pony from our younger days, now my kiddo will be showing him.
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? Yes.
9. What is your favorite song/s? Depends on my mood and what type of ride. Anything from country to hard rock.
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? Get Merit under saddle & winning in the show pen. Patiently waiting on him to grow.
11. When was your last fall? What happened? 2 years ago, had a bad wreck with Woodstock. Found a hole, he went in to his knee and we both flipped end over end. Dislocated shoulder for me, blown out tendon for him. Before that it had been 8 years since the last one.
Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, Take another shot.