1. Do you own/lease/ride? I own, but I also ride lesson horses
2. How often do you ride? 2-4x per week depending on how busy I am with work
3. How long have you been riding for? Got my own horse at 12, started riding(but I use that term loosely) at about 10
4. What dicipline do you do? Started western, pretty much completely self taught, then took a few year break after having my son and started back english 3 years ago and now I'm doing dressage.
5. How old are you? 27(although most people think I'm 15
6. Do you compete? Just started competing this year
7. Describe your horse/horses? Blue is my old guy, first horse, I've had him for 15 years, he's retired now, but he is just a wonderful horse and I hope he lives forever(he's about 42), Bella is the horse I got when I started riding again as I didn't want to bring Blue out of retirement, I love her to death, but she makes me work for everything, and they share a home with my moms appy, Legacy, we don't really get a long, he's a bit of a jerk
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? Sometimes, I think I ride better when I do as it keeps me out of my own head lol
9. What is your favorite song/s? Right now I love to listen to imagine dragons when I ride
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? Short term, get over a 60% at my next show next sunday and if I do that compete at another NPASS(northeast PA show series) qualifying show to try to get another 60% to qualify for NPASS championships. Longer term, take my mare for lessons and then compete her at intro/training level next year.
11. When was your last fall? What happened? Last fall was July 27 2011, I'm just going to repost the what I wrote in the thread I made after it happened lol
I was riding my horse Bella with my friend Alexa and her horse Alibi. We were riding in the neighbors outdoor arena which is much nicer then ours, it was the first time my horse had ever been there but she does pretty good in new places and was listening pretty well. There were a few jumps set up that Alexa was going over, no problems there, at one point Bella tried to canter but I held her back. A little while later I decided I was going to let her canter, Alexa was going over a jump so I decided to ride along the rail going the same way knowing that Bella would pick up the canter easily. All was going well until I tried to bring her back to a trot and she wouldn't, so we are cantering towards the fence and she's not stopping, if I turn her we are going to run into Alibi, UGH! So I just keep trying to stop her, here is where it gets fuzzy, but Alexa filled me in since she saw the whole thing as I said "WHOA Oh crap" or something along those lines lol. Apparently she hopped to a stop and then turned, I started loosing my seat during the hopping and then when she turned I kept going straight. I landed hard on my butt(other side this time lol) and skid across the ground