I truly appreciate everyone's feedback. Personally, I think DH is crazy for even thinking about it but it's his decision. I know the market stinks but a friend of ours thinks he's got someone that's may be interested in her.
There's a girl in our barn that has riden her and is going to use her in some of her 4H events. As for the registry, it will cost me around 150 to register her APHA as both her parents are black and white paints (go figure). Her sire's DNA is on file but her dam is not. The parentage verification will cost me 120, one for her and one for her dam (if she's still alive) but APHA said they may waive it if I can't locate her or she is deceased.