Texas Horse Friends - Page 968 - The Horse Forum
 11546Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9671 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 1,360
• Horses: 2
Good news today! My saddle that I ordered will be at their main office on Wednesday, then on it's way to me! I will now be able to ride the new horse I bought 2 months ago and have only been able to ride for a week when I had the trial saddle. Definitely a good time for some good news.

Sully ~Sullivan's Fly Supply~ [17.1 TB] RIP 2/24/14
Rio ~Camperio~ [18.0 Oldenburg]
SullysRider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9672 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,833
• Horses: 2
I found a perfect saddle ad just as I HAD to leave work to get my son last night. It had sold by the time I got home. I actually fought back tears.
clippityclop likes this.
Cynical25 is offline  
post #9673 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 1,360
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical25 View Post
I found a perfect saddle ad just as I HAD to leave work to get my son last night. It had sold by the time I got home. I actually fought back tears.
Aw not I feel bad for me having good saddle luck! What are you looking for?

Sully ~Sullivan's Fly Supply~ [17.1 TB] RIP 2/24/14
Rio ~Camperio~ [18.0 Oldenburg]
SullysRider is offline  
post #9674 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 480
• Horses: 0
Hey guys! I hope you all have a great Thursday !

Well, I've finally gotten myself in gear when it comes to school. Everything has already been turned in and being processed, I just need to work out the financial part (yuck). I signed up for the Raider Roadshow in March, and I'm going to visit my aunt and uncle in Lubbock probably around April so that I can see the campus and visit with the departments that I'm interested in, I just need to figure out a date that would work for them.

If I get into Tech, I'm thinking about trying out for the western team. I'm not the best rider in the world, but it says on their website that they take people who are not experienced, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
BKLD is offline  
post #9675 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,833
• Horses: 2
Nah, hope your new saddle works out perfectly!

I'm half-heartedly looking for a western roughout trainer, show pleasure/equitation or reining saddle which fits my 3 year old AND my aesthetic, lol. This was a 16" Billy Cook Roughout Training Saddle with ridiculously little wear for $675 - I should have snatched up the darn thing and been late to get my son!
Cynical25 is offline  
post #9676 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 1,360
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLD View Post
Hey guys! I hope you all have a great Thursday !

Well, I've finally gotten myself in gear when it comes to school. Everything has already been turned in and being processed, I just need to work out the financial part (yuck). I signed up for the Raider Roadshow in March, and I'm going to visit my aunt and uncle in Lubbock probably around April so that I can see the campus and visit with the departments that I'm interested in, I just need to figure out a date that would work for them.

If I get into Tech, I'm thinking about trying out for the western team. I'm not the best rider in the world, but it says on their website that they take people who are not experienced, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
From what I understand most teams take beginners, and give you lessons with hope of you eventually showing.

I remember one girl who played on the polo team, at I forget which university, and she couldn't even saddle a horse! But she played all four years I believe.
equinesnfelines likes this.

Sully ~Sullivan's Fly Supply~ [17.1 TB] RIP 2/24/14
Rio ~Camperio~ [18.0 Oldenburg]
SullysRider is offline  
post #9677 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 1,360
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical25 View Post
Nah, hope your new saddle works out perfectly!

I'm half-heartedly looking for a western roughout trainer, show pleasure/equitation or reining saddle which fits my 3 year old AND my aesthetic, lol. This was a 16" Billy Cook Roughout Training Saddle with ridiculously little wear for $675 - I should have snatched up the darn thing and been late to get my son!
Definitely haven't seen any of those! I seem to only see barrel saddles around me if I do see western saddles.

Sully ~Sullivan's Fly Supply~ [17.1 TB] RIP 2/24/14
Rio ~Camperio~ [18.0 Oldenburg]
SullysRider is offline  
post #9678 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 480
• Horses: 0
It seems like that, Sully. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it, but I hope I will. I'll probably go crazy at school if I don't get my horse fix .
BKLD is offline  
post #9679 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 949
• Horses: 0
I'm hoping to get a video today of the mare I'm considering! If I like it the next step will be to arrange to see and ride her. Woot woot getting exciiiiiiteddddd!! Here's a pic for those who haven't seen her on FB. Ahem....DB! lol


imagejpeg_0.jpg

20140225_143002.jpg
mammakatja, nuisance and BKLD like this.
EmsTNWalkers is offline  
post #9680 of 10872 Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 1,360
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsTNWalkers View Post
I'm hoping to get a video today of the mare I'm considering! If I like it the next step will be to arrange to see and ride her. Woot woot getting exciiiiiiteddddd!! Here's a pic for those who haven't seen her on FB. Ahem....DB! lol


Attachment 380434

Attachment 380442
Exciting!
nuisance likes this.

Sully ~Sullivan's Fly Supply~ [17.1 TB] RIP 2/24/14
Rio ~Camperio~ [18.0 Oldenburg]
SullysRider is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another horse owner in Texas cowgirlupintexas Meet the Community 12 01-20-2012 01:05 PM
So bored. Need friends. Need horsey friends. D: hisangelonly Trail Riding 46 01-08-2012 02:24 PM
Kids Horse Wanted In Texas AppysForLife Horses for Sale 2 02-24-2011 10:46 PM
HORSE BOARDING IN Texas!!!!help! shermanismybaby3006 Barn Maintenance 2 11-19-2008 09:38 PM
Dallas Texas Area Horse Training palogal Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 07-13-2008 10:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome