Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eastern Shore of MD.
Things not to say to your Farrier
I saw this on another horse forum and thought it was worth reposting here:
Things not to say to your farrier
* All it takes to be a farrier is a strong back and a weak mind!
* He won’t stand for me either, but your ad said you were a professional
* Can you come back? We are home now.
* Let me get my twitch before we get started.
* These shoes have been on for only 12 weeks, and they are getting loose.
* Sooo, when you’re finished, do I have to wait an hour before I can ride him/her?
* My horse hates men.
* Yep, I put that stuff on their feet right before you got here.
* Every time we turn him out he throws a shoe.
* That don’t look that hard!
* Isn’t it great to be outside all day?
* Let me call my neighbors and their 5 kids. They have never seen a horse shod before.
* It sure is HOT!
* I used to shoe, and I can tell right away if you’re doing a good job.
* Do those nails hurt him?
* He’s normally gentle as a kitten, but it is the first time I have had a halter on him.
* Honestly, I DO clean his feet
* I haven’t ever picked up his feet, but he seems real gentle.
* Can you put these shoes on good and tight so that they won’t come off?
* My vet said for you to call him and he will tell you how to shoe my horse.
* He kicked the last farrier just like he kicked you.
* He’s never been that bad!! What did you do?
* The last guy I had won’t come any more. Can you come today?
* I left them out in the field because it was such a nice day.
* So, how much does your chiropractor run you a month?
* Sorry - that’s my cell phone. I won’t let it ring under this colt’s nose again.
* He never does that for me.
* My horse doesn’t kick. ...well he has never kicked before.
* Are you busy TODAY?
* Can you make his foot smaller?
* This is the first time he has EVER lost a shoe.
* Since he’s a colt, will you charge me half price?
* I used to shoe my own horses, but I could never get the angles right. Do you think you could take a little more off that back foot?
* My horse is lame. You must have cut him too short.
* Let me help you clear out a place to work, I’ve been meaning to get out here and straighten up this old barn...
* That’s not the way the farrier did it back where I come from.
* Can you save all the hoof trimmings for my dog?
* Boy, you must have a strong back to bend over all day like that.
* He’s just trying to swat the flies off you.
* Nice ass !
*Can you come over today...we have a horse show tomorrow?
*Note on the barn...."horses are out in the pasture, halters are in the tack room, call em & they will come right up for you they ALL STAND TIED OK.
* I forgot my checkbook, can I pay you NEXT TIME?
Cocoa - 32 yr old QH, Cherokee - 8 yr old TWH & Toby - 16 yr old QH
R.I.P. Cocoa 4/13/78 - 2/9/11