that is a tough decision.......... I am an impulse kind of person, but when i bought thunder i thought it out long and hard. I could not and would not take my mind off of him and those 2 weeks of decision making were so long and hard! but in the end, i decided that i could afford it, and i calculated in everthing at the most expensive it would be, like if i had to pay $400 board, ect, just in case it came down to that. obviously in the end it worked out :)
my advice to you is see if you can afford the basic monthly care amount, and then ask yourself what if this happened?? what if there were an emergency, what if i loose my job, what if i have to move, what if she gets injured or sick, what if in a year she has long term problems, ect and if you can handle all those things, then go for it! I don't think the initial payment for her, or school should affect your decision. I work 50 hours a week, have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a boyfriend and I still manage to make it out to see thunder 2-4 times a week (barn has full care). Personally, I would say don't feel guilty about using the school loan money (i have friends and family that have used it for other stuff as well). If this is something you truly deep down want, then you will not allow your school or work to suffer from it. even though this may not be the best advice, i vote yes.......there's nothing stronger than a true bond between two souls.