(before reading: Please don't respond with any nasty comments.)
I fell in love last Fall with Lyric's mom, Comanche. Here is the thread I started on her New picture of Comanche. She's an coming 8 yr old mare that has only been used as a broodmare. She's halter broken and that's pretty much it. I'm fully capable of training her. She's in foal for a 2010 baby to a buckskin sire. (both are AQHA) I am really excited about the baby, but also EXTREMELY nervous as I'm aware that things can go wrong. They are asking $650 for her. Did I mention I'm a big fan of quarter horses. I've never owned another breed.
The other day I found this guy. He's a haflinger x qh 2009 colt. Here isthe thread I started about him. Haflingers question I am hoping to go see him sometime this week. (after our blizzard goes away.) I don't know what it is about him that pulls to me, but it does. I've honestly never heard of the haffy breed until now and reading about them (thanks to Cheyaut Haflinger Horses )only makes them so much more interesting and makes me think I could really enjoy a haffy. I'm a huge fan of smaller horses anyway. They are asking $300 for him.
Now I don't know which way I want to go. Comanche or this little guy?
I'm nervous about going with Comanche because I've never had a pregnant mare before even though it's been my dream. I'm terrified that something might go wrong even though she seems to deliver just fine on her previous babies. She would be due around the same time all our cows are due to calve. And then I worry that I might be biting off more than I can chew..maybe I can only train/break two yr olds...what if everything I've done before doesn't work for an older mare?
The little haffy colt would definitely be the easier choice. I'm so intriqued by the haffy breed. I love the stocky smaller build look. He would be close to the same age as Lyric. I think he'd fit in nicely with Lillie and Lyric.
<sigh> I'm so torn. Maybe once I go and see him the decision will be easier to make.