Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Eventing Country
• Horses: 0
Great questions everyone.
Lets see, what questions would I ask?
1) What type of feed do they supply? Do they supply feed?
This is something you will want to know, whether or not you want your horse on that feed, is important to know.
2) How often are they fed a day? Do they follow owners rules on feeding?
If you want your horse fed 3x a day, at so much poundage per feeding, will they comply?
3) How much hay do they get? How often throughout the day? Do they get hay infront of them throughout the day?
4) Trainers, do you have to use the facilities trainers, or can you have your own if need be? If so, what is the cost?
5) Blanketing - do they blanket for you? Or do you have to blanket yourself?
6) Private Tack Storage lockers? *if not, I suggest getting a padlock installed on your tack trunks*
7) Rules on attire? Rules on barn colors? *I hate those because I feel it is your horse your money, wear what you want*
There is alot to ask, and I am sure you'll come up with your own questions as you go along.