What a change! - The Horse Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phly
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 703
• Horses: 0
What a change!

So my 3 1/2 has been at a trainer for a bit now and I go down to watch trainer riding and working on the ground. I love to watch as he explains everything he is doing and why and then has me get hands on too and steps back and gives direction. Anyway, before going to the trainer I was having real problems with him lounging and he was getting a little pushy on the ground. I wish I could find the videos that I had taken of him before taking him to the trainer, but here is how he is moving now. He has only been there a short while and is staying another month. I'm still working with him moving his body quickly out of my space, but am really impressed with how far he has come along in and out of saddle.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109448438844089254512/posts
Mochachino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,178
• Horses: 4
I could see three pictures but no video?? I'm an Internet idiot though..... How long have you been working with horses?
Posted via Mobile Device
Phly is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 703
• Horses: 0
If you click on the three pictures, they are actually videos. I have had my QH for years but never had a young one. I have had a great time bringing him along to this point and have had experienced people help me along the way. Just this spring he was full of himself and when I asked for a work ethic he wasn't very happy. I now have a professional trainer working with him and I'm loving it as I can be part of the training. He does arena work but also trails as well with him.
Mochachino is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,178
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
If you click on the three pictures, they are actually videos. I have had my QH for years but never had a young one. I have had a great time bringing him along to this point and have had experienced people help me along the way. Just this spring he was full of himself and when I asked for a work ethic he wasn't very happy. I now have a professional trainer working with him and I'm loving it as I can be part of the training. He does arena work but also trails as well with him.

All righty then. Bold type a lil much.

Anyways, my only access is my iPhone and it was just pictures. I tapped, clicked, held. I could save your pictures but not watch a video apperently. But he'll I can barely make a phone call!

No need to come of defensive, it was a simple question. Now I know...
Posted via Mobile Device
Phly is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: mountian back woods
Posts: 1,569
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phly View Post
I could see three pictures but no video?? I'm an Internet idiot though..... How long have you been working with horses?
Posted via Mobile Device

just pictures for me too..
toto is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 703
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phly View Post
All righty then. Bold type a lil much.

Anyways, my only access is my iPhone and it was just pictures. I tapped, clicked, held. I could save your pictures but not watch a video apperently. But he'll I can barely make a phone call!

No need to come of defensive, it was a simple question. Now I know...
Posted via Mobile Device
Uhhh..... I wasn't being defensive....didn't realize I had bolded....didn't know bold meant I was being defensive.... confused. Sorry if you thought that. Nevermind.

Last edited by Mochachino; 05-18-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Mochachino is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,178
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
just pictures for me too..
At least I'm not just tech stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device
toto likes this.
Phly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does this change how you think? Inga Horse Riding 28 07-01-2013 03:40 AM
Any Change? Abby Horse Riding Critique 9 07-06-2008 08:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome