What Do I Do?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

What Do I Do?

This is a discussion on What Do I Do? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    What Do I Do?

    It was my first time writing up a contract for trialing a horse before the person buys the horse and I forgot to writing up a consequence for if the person doesn't bring the horse back in the 2 weeks (like an idiot). She did pay for him up front but I told her if she doesn't want him she can bring him back in 2 weeks in the same condition. The date was recorded so she needs to bring him back by this Saturday, if she doesn't what should I do? Lol This sounds really stupid but around my area I've never known anyone to trial a horse before buying it so I didn't really hqave time to think of everything, she asked the day before she got him. Any ideas?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-10-2008, 10:06 PM
      #2
    Showing
    Can you contact her and see how everything is going, and gently remind her that the deadline is coming up?
    I.e. "Hey! How are things going? I hadn't realized it, but the two weeks sure have flown by! What do you think of (horse's name) so far? Any ideas what your decision might be?"
         
        06-10-2008, 10:10 PM
      #3
    Weanling
    She decided he's not the right horse for her but still likes him alot and the last I heard she was going to bring him back, she normally keeps in contact with me daily haven't heard from her in 2 days maybe 3 :S She has a copy of the contract so I'll email her tonight.
         
        06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
      #4
    Showing
    I would call her up then and say
    "From our last conversation I gather that you feel (horse's name) isn't the right horse for you, so I have campaigned him more and have a buyer who is interested if you aren't. Of course you still have first dibs if you want him, but if you don't I am sorry but I have to move forward with this other person, so I would like to know when I should expect (horse's name) to be returned?"
         
        06-11-2008, 06:42 AM
      #5
    Foal
    I think I would rather get my horse back then just have someone I thought was going to be his owner turn around and resell him.


    If I had a horse trailer I'd just call her and say listen I've got your money and I'm coming to get my horse. Maybe next time the contract should be both ways so in that two week period if you want your horse back you can have him.
         
        06-11-2008, 07:33 AM
      #6
    Showing
    I hope everything works out for you. Maybe she is reconcidering him. I have been asked for a trial when selling a horse. I never do it, just offer for them to come out and ride as often as they wish. I have friends who train and sell horses for a living and they cautioned me against doing trials.
         
        06-11-2008, 09:34 AM
      #7
    Weanling
    She's brining him back today :) I called lasted night and she told me she was coming early today.
         
        06-11-2008, 10:02 AM
      #8
    Green Broke
    Glad this all worked out for you! Nice to meet another person from Minnesota.
         
        06-11-2008, 12:18 PM
      #9
    Foal
    That is great that everything worked out in the end. If in the future you ever do anything like this again, no matter what, create a paper trail. Even if you write up a complete contract, and you think its tight, write emails. That way you have your side, and her side all in writting in her words and yours. If you ever need proof of anything, its all there in black and white.
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0