In general, this is the list all Horses I would/will buy have to meet.
2. Sanity (prissy attitudes don't bother me, but agression/danger is something I would never buy into.)
3. Conformation (If its built like junk, it works like junk)
For personal preference, This is what I would look for:
- Agility (For reining and cattle work)
- Durable (for long trail rides)
- A "Doesn't mind people" horse (A horse that enjoys, or at least tolerates, affection from humans)
- Short-ish (Well, I have short legs)
- Age (Something that shouldn't die tomorrow)
- Keep-ability (Something that doesn't need 16 supplements to stay healthy)
Well, that's my list.