What grinds YOUR gears? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

What grinds YOUR gears?

This is a discussion on What grinds YOUR gears? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree356Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-13-2012, 07:15 PM
      #11
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tlkng1    
    Lack of simple barn etiquette...picking up ytour horse's manure when they decide to decorate the aisle; leaving the wash rack hose on the floor, covered in mud and manure leavings; not cleaning up the wash rack when they get done with it. Taking MY equipment without asking or returning said equipment; in other words, stealing...I actually caught a woman, a leasee, in my tack box the other day. Fortunately it was more or less empty as I had just brought it back to the barn after losing my horse and pending a horse coming in for trial. I gave her the nastiest look I could manage but didn't say anything..she was very embarrassed though. I now make sure that if she is at the barn with me, I lock my trunk and tack locker before going anywhere. I do it anyway while I am riding.

    She was in your tackbox??? The cheeky mare! I woulda given her a giant piece of what-have-ya.

    The lads at my yard are always in mine, but I told them they could use whatever they needed so I don't mind.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-13-2012, 07:15 PM
      #12
    Banned
    People that say their horse is (insert famous stallion here) bred, when it has one run to the stallion in the 4th generation...
         
        01-13-2012, 07:16 PM
      #13
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tlkng1    
    Taking MY equipment without asking or returning said equipment; in other words, stealing...
    I actually accidentally used someone's tack... their lungeline to tie a gate without any kind of latch closed. I felt so bad once I realized that it wasn't just an old lunge.. but someone's personal lungeline. I apologized but I still felt really bad. "/

    Another grinding my gears thing is when people move my tack.. or put tack that isn't mine into my trunk. It's like my truck is everyone's personal lost and found... grrr.
    Ripplewind likes this.
         
        01-13-2012, 07:22 PM
      #14
    Weanling
    Since my horse is not kept at a boarding stable, I don't have to worry about inconsiderate boarders (: It really makes me mad though, when this one particular lady rolls her eyes at everyone, and talks down on everyone's skills, when she doesn't even lead horses correctly...
    OwnedByAlli likes this.
         
        01-13-2012, 07:23 PM
      #15
    Showing
    People who are so focused on Parelli they can't open their mind to others.
         
        01-13-2012, 07:25 PM
      #16
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    I actually accidentally used someone's tack... their lungeline to tie a gate without any kind of latch closed. I felt so bad once I realized that it wasn't just an old lunge.. but someone's personal lungeline. I apologized but I still felt really bad. "/

    Another grinding my gears thing is when people move my tack.. or put tack that isn't mine into my trunk. It's like my truck is everyone's personal lost and found... grrr.
    I have a good stall but it is one of those well travelled locations..right next to the cross ties. My trunk is and was always topped with blankets, brushes, halters and many times this was done after they had to drop the lid knowing full well I was inside my horse's stall grooming him.

    When that particular set of ties were used my horse's stall was blocked. I can't say the number of times I would literally be taking the reins over my horse's head inside the stall and starting to lead him out when people would block our path and FULLY tie up on the ties and then give me a look like...what?

    As for the lunge line, if it was out lying around and no one was around I probably would have done the same thing temporarily until I could make sure. Unless there is a name on it it is hard to tell if it is a barn piece of equipment or personal. That goes back to etiquette..not leaving your training equipment in the middle of the ring..at least coil it up as neatly as possible and put it just outside the rail.
         
        01-13-2012, 07:27 PM
      #17
    Started
    When I buy my horse a new fly mask (complete with ears) and she rips the ear material the next day!! Now I have to try and sew it back together:(
    OwnedByAlli likes this.
         
        01-13-2012, 07:32 PM
      #18
    Foal
    People not warming their horse at
    People who bug me (by trying to hold casual conversation with me) when i'm schooling. Let me concentrate!!!
    Agreeing with a post earlier in the thread -- lack of barn etiquette!! Oh My Gosh, your horses poo is YOUR responsibility... Pick It Up. (I'm at a DIY yard, there's no other option. Do it!)
    Oh and people who run over the time they've booked in the school, or think it's wise to come and stand outside the school 10mins before their slot. Grrr.....
    And many more ():)x
         
        01-13-2012, 07:32 PM
      #19
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tlkng1    
    I have a good stall but it is one of those well travelled locations..right next to the cross ties. My trunk is and was always topped with blankets, brushes, halters and many times this was done after they had to drop the lid knowing full well I was inside my horse's stall grooming him.

    When that particular set of ties were used my horse's stall was blocked. I can't say the number of times I would literally be taking the reins over my horse's head inside the stall and starting to lead him out when people would block our path and FULLY tie up on the ties and then give me a look like...what?

    As for the lunge line, if it was out lying around and no one was around I probably would have done the same thing temporarily until I could make sure. Unless there is a name on it it is hard to tell if it is a barn piece of equipment or personal. That goes back to etiquette..not leaving your training equipment in the middle of the ring..at least coil it up as neatly as possible and put it just outside the rail.

    Sheesh.. how rude of them. I've had people stand there talking with their horses blocking the isle. It definitely ticked me off.

    Yeah it was a temporary fix on a windy windy day where the gate was slamming against a tractor and making a huge racket. I didn't want anyone's horses to just go berzerk or for the tractor to mess up. Glad my action wasn't seen as unthoughtful and rude. I should have taken it down and replaced it with some hay rope or whatnot.

    And nope it wasn't labeled.
         
        01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
      #20
    Banned
    People who honk, speed up, or yell as they zoom by in their cars as you're riding. Makes me think of doing evil things that could get me in trouble with the authorities ;)
         

    Tags
    equestrian, fun, grump, peeve, rant

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Too many gears... first time working a gaited horse - help! brackenrose Horse Training 1 03-05-2008 12:56 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0