You know that saying "what goes around, comes around"? And the thing our parents say, "Someday you'll apprieciate how much driving around I actually do for you and your horse!"
Well, it's finally come back to bite me in the a**. I will be
1) leaving work 1.5 hrs early.
2) running to the store, to grab a healthy snack (of course we're out at home)
3) running home to grab a few items for the friend I'm borrowing a trailer from.
4) Driving 10 minutes to the barn to bring Odie in, get him wrapped, pile up his brushes, J's helmet, the saddle & bridle etc. Give him some pre-emptive Bute
5) Drive 30 min to go to my friends house to pick up her truck & trailer, and drop off all the stuff I have to give her.
6) Drive the 30 min BACK to the barn to load up the horse and all his stuff( don't forget her helmet, don't forget her helmet, don't forget her helmet)
7) Drive home (in town) with the horse trailer to get J (if my timing is right, school will let out 15 min before I get there). Plan on her not being ready, so help her hurry her butt up
8) Take the horse & the kid to her lesson 30 min away in the OPPOSITE direction.
9) Arrive with enough time to get Odie all ready (try to let J take care of, but not let it take forever), warmed up, and used to the arena in time for J's 5:30 lesson.
Grand total of 1 hour 45 min of JUST travel (doesn't include any non-driving prep time) to get J to her HALF HOUR lesson!!! And then there's the return trip.
I love my daughter, I love my daughter, I love my daughter
And I wouldn't have it any other way