I also started my own 2 yr old (no comments please if you don't agree with this). (not sure that it matters but I bought her a year ago for $300.) I was recently offered $1500 for her. A family saw her and they love her and want to buy her for their daughter to show. Now I have to decide if I want to sell her.
If I want to get into horse training, I'm told this is a good way to go about it. I was told these folks with tell others and I could get more interest in my training. But I'm torn on what to do. Here are some of my thoughts.
- I only have 2 horses at the moment. My 2 yr old and my yearling. So if I sell my 2 yr old then I've lost my own ridable horse.
- If I sell her, I could pocket a good portion of the $$ and then use the rest to invest in another horse or two. (would be looking at another yearling and a weanling)
- Investing in two more horses, means I'll have 2 two yr olds to train next year and have an option to keep the best one for myself.
- I am also currently without a job til August. I could get by just fine..maybe a little tight, but I could still get by without the extra money..but it would sure make getting to August alot easier.
- I'm worried that I'll regret selling her and wish I hadn't.
- I won't be without a horse to ride, a friend is willing to loan me a horse for the summer to use.
- I'm thinking if I did want to sell her, and kept her for another year that I could tack on an extra $1k to her price??