What would you think? - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

What would you think?

This is a discussion on What would you think? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Horse forum crazy

Like Tree26Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
  #21
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
I already have an ADHD horse; he doesn't get any extra sugar if I can help it, but I doubt one single can of Red Bull (or Coke) is going to make a horse hyper.

There are people who give their horse beer for its nutritional value. One can or bottle doesn't make the horse drunk, so why would one can of a sugary 'energy' drink make another horse hyper?
because of the properties that an energy drink like Red Bull contains. Granted, beer helps a horse sweat. But Red Bull does have an effect on the horses brain, heart, and muscles. Its just not smart.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-01-2012, 12:31 PM
  #22
Showing
Honestly, look at the OP's history. She likes to start controversy. I doubt seriously this 'friend' even exists.
ThoroughbredJumper likes this.
     
    11-01-2012, 12:38 PM
  #23
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
Honestly, look at the OP's history. She likes to start controversy. I doubt seriously this 'friend' even exists.
okay ill give you that, however, I was merely stating that it is dangerous and unethical to give a show horse, or any horse, an energy drink of that caliber.
     
    11-01-2012, 01:01 PM
  #24
Banned
Off to hunt for the previous threads by the OP.

However your friend is totally off the mark with trying to make the horse more hyper. Most competition drugs are to make the horses calmer. It doesn't help in the slightest to have a crazy horse over jumps, you want calm power and speed.
     
    11-01-2012, 01:05 PM
  #25
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoroughbredJumper    
okay ill give you that, however, I was merely stating that it is dangerous and unethical to give a show horse, or any horse, an energy drink of that caliber.
I'm not sure it's any more dangerous or unethical than letting them have Coke or Pepsi. Soda has plenty of caffeine and sugar, which are what's in those supposed 'energy' drinks. Besides, as Alex stated, most people trying to dope their horses are looking for a calmer, not something to make them more hyper and less focused.
     
    11-01-2012, 01:06 PM
  #26
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
I'm not sure it's any more dangerous or unethical than letting them have Coke or Pepsi. Soda has plenty of caffeine and sugar, which are what is in those supposed 'energy' drinks.
I never said it wasnt.
     
    11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
  #27
Banned
I WISH one energy drink would work... maybe my lazy little Appy would actually move once and awhile
Speed Racer and Ponies like this.
     
    11-01-2012, 02:26 PM
  #28
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianimalz    
I WISH one energy drink would work... maybe my lazy little Appy would actually move once and awhile
For real! I was just thinking that about my little Arab. He's so lazy that it's a struggle getting him to move past a sluggish trot. If he's ridden without a crop he isn't going past a walk. I would love something to put some pep in his step!
     
    11-01-2012, 02:53 PM
  #29
Yearling
Let's get a lil perspective here folks. A Red Bull has 80 milligrams of caffeine, Monster is 240 milligrams and a cup of coffee can run anywhere from 75-300 milligrams per cup depending on the style of coffee. As a health professional, I advise my patients to keep caffeine intake under 400 milligrams per day otherwise you can cause yourself health problems. Now that's a person...I don't really think 80mg of caffeine would really affect a horse weighing 1000lbs.
Speed Racer likes this.
     
    11-01-2012, 03:17 PM
  #30
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngrl7500    
For real! I was just thinking that about my little Arab. He's so lazy that it's a struggle getting him to move past a sluggish trot. If he's ridden without a crop he isn't going past a walk. I would love something to put some pep in his step!
What, you mean one of those "crazy, hot headed, Arabs"???
     

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0