So, since everything is ridiculous, what is everyone doing to help keep costs down for their best friends? I know I would do anything to keep them healthy and happy, which means less for the hubby!
1. I've cut shows down drastically to save costs on gas. We have lots of trails, and I really enjoy the relaxing trail rides, and so does my ex-barrel racer!
2. Cut down on eating out. We maybe eat out once a month now, but we've saved a lot of money by cooking our own meals
3. No more frivolous shopping. Instead of "oh, I NEED that!!!", it's "no, I can live without that new bit for now". Also, I've pulled out clothes I haven't worn and started wearing them!
4. We don't just "drive". If we have to go somewhere, we take the little car (unless its a 4-H meeting, then we have to have the truck). We've saved well over $200 a month doing this.
5. Stock up on hay. With drought, hay is short and hard to come by anyway, so I've saved all winter to stock up on all the hay I'll need until this time next year. Saves us from paying over $20/bale in the middle of winter.
Anyway, more ideas?