When I fall off I do it good - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 11-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 628
• Horses: 3
Oh the joys of horses huh? lol!!

We don't have thanks giving here in Australia but i'm goiing mad because of the EI here in Australia. We aren't allowed to transport horses and that also means we can't take horses outside our propertys front gate. So it's round and round and round the paddock if we want to ride and as soon as the horses realise they're going in circle they chuck a hissy fit!!

So i haven't been able to go for a good ride in months and i'm going MAD!!!!!

Anyway . . . . . .hope the pain meds are still working!!!
crackrider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 Old 11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hatton Vale, QLD, Australia
Posts: 5,227
• Horses: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackrider
Oh the joys of horses huh? lol!!

We don't have thanks giving here in Australia but i'm goiing mad because of the EI here in Australia. We aren't allowed to transport horses and that also means we can't take horses outside our propertys front gate. So it's round and round and round the paddock if we want to ride and as soon as the horses realise they're going in circle they chuck a hissy fit!!

So i haven't been able to go for a good ride in months and i'm going MAD!!!!!

Anyway . . . . . .hope the pain meds are still working!!!
lol i hear ya!! :)

"I whisper but my horse doesnt listen...So I yell!!...He still doesnt listen"


jazzyrider is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Showing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SE Kansas
Posts: 10,620
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim_angel
Hey! You and I sound like Champion Fallers. haha
Just be careful. I broke those riblette things on the side of the vertibrae when I was 16 by falling off my horse.

(she stopped short, I sailed over her head)

It wasnt such a big deal until I fell off a curb (i was on rollerblades) and landed on my tailbone. The shock of the fall caused the vertibraes to break away from the rest of my spine and slip forward.... essentially breaking my back. It's very painful and for a year I went for regular "nerve block" injections. I have since stopped them because of the steroids injected.
I wondered how you broke your back. I haven't rollerbladed in a few years so I guess I'm safe Thats sort of what Vida did. We were going way to fast on the side of a slope. We were coming up on my husband on his horse, she started to stop so I went forward and then I turned her at the same time so I went forward when I was making a turn. I guess the combination of the stop and turn on a slope plus the gravity thing tossed me off. Funny, I never fell off of her before in almost 3 years of riding her. I think it freaked her out just as much as me. As soon as I was able too, right after I said "Oh S*@%" I yelled for hubby to check my horse. It was good to know she didn't run off. I always wondered what she would do if I went off. Hard to believe its been almost a week ago. I need to thank my husband for being sooo good at keeping the farm going and taking care of me too. thanks to all of you too, for giving me someone to "talk" to.


"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened..."
- Anatole France
Vidaloco is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Showing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SE Kansas
Posts: 10,620
• Horses: 5
Update:
Boy howdy, I have seen the Doc more times this week than I have in years. When I went in for my fall he noticed a spot on my arm that looked like a cancer. I went in yesterday to have it removed. It was just a little spot but the hole that is left in my arm is HUGE. I can tell its going to look really nasty even after healing. The moral of the story is, PLEASE everyone wear sunscreen. If your like me you spend a lot of time outdoors. I always poo pooed the sunscreen but not anymore. I'm going to take my husband's (a redhead) advice and start wearing long sleeves in the summer sun, or at least a 30 screen. I did climb right up on the table without much squeeling so my back is doing better every day.


"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened..."
- Anatole France
Vidaloco is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hatton Vale, QLD, Australia
Posts: 5,227
• Horses: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidaloco
Update:
Boy howdy, I have seen the Doc more times this week than I have in years. When I went in for my fall he noticed a spot on my arm that looked like a cancer. I went in yesterday to have it removed. It was just a little spot but the hole that is left in my arm is HUGE. I can tell its going to look really nasty even after healing. The moral of the story is, PLEASE everyone wear sunscreen. If your like me you spend a lot of time outdoors. I always poo pooed the sunscreen but not anymore. I'm going to take my husband's (a redhead) advice and start wearing long sleeves in the summer sun, or at least a 30 screen. I did climb right up on the table without much squeeling so my back is doing better every day.
very good advice!! my dad passed away in march of this year from skin cancer. all could have been avoided with a little sunscreen and going to the doc when he first noticed there was an odd looking mole :(

glad to hear your back is on the mend :)

"I whisper but my horse doesnt listen...So I yell!!...He still doesnt listen"


jazzyrider is offline  
post #16 of 17 Old 11-29-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Showing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SE Kansas
Posts: 10,620
• Horses: 5
Sorry to hear about your Dad Jazzy. You have mentioned him on here before, I'm sure you miss him :( It sounds like he was a great horseman.
I'm glad I'm getting my "little" bump checked out. I thought about getting it done later but sooner is probably the wiser choice.


"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened..."
- Anatole France
Vidaloco is offline  
post #17 of 17 Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hatton Vale, QLD, Australia
Posts: 5,227
• Horses: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidaloco
Sorry to hear about your Dad Jazzy. You have mentioned him on here before, I'm sure you miss him :( It sounds like he was a great horseman.
I'm glad I'm getting my "little" bump checked out. I thought about getting it done later but sooner is probably the wiser choice.
thanks vida! he was my step dad but he was the one who bought me up. i miss him like crazy :( he was good with the horses thats for sure :) my biological dad is the big horseman though and lucky i still have him in the land of the living or i dont know what i would do :)

and my goodness...definitely get things like that checked ASAP thats for sure. my dad kept putting it off because he hated doctors and then a few days before he died it all hit him and he said through the morphine haze 'i left it too late didnt i'. was so sad because i realised at that point that it had finally sunk in to him too. prior to that he didnt even accept that he was going to die from it all. some people unfortunately just dont take it seriously. its a horrible, horrible way to die and all it takes is a 2 minute mole check *sighs* silly daddy :( im glad you got yours sorted out now :)

"I whisper but my horse doesnt listen...So I yell!!...He still doesnt listen"


jazzyrider is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome