Who here is Searching for their horse? - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Who here is Searching for their horse?

This is a discussion on Who here is Searching for their horse? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree23Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-21-2013, 03:49 PM
      #21
    Green Broke
    ^^ She couldn't anyway, he is not hers to take away. Another thing to remember. He has been someone else's longer than he was yours. I am sorry for your loss but you may be passing up a lot of other great horses looking for this one. Good luck.
    Speed Racer likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
      #22
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BarrelracingArabian    
    Guys she did say she wouldn't try and take him away if the family didnt want to give him up. Just saying.
    Good luck
    Thank you :) im friends with the owner of my old horse doc.
    She offered that if he's really good with me n she sees the love that shed give him back. But sense she retireing him and he's happy n healthy I said id love to see him but she can keep him.
    I would never take a horse away if there in a good place.
    Id just want to see him and hug him and be friends and get updates.
    If and when he's for sale id love to buy him back
         
        01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
      #23
    Banned
    Another thing; he'd have been a heck of a lot easier to trace if he'd been registered. Just something to think about when people say they don't need papers, or think they're unnecessary. This is a perfect example of why a registerable horse needs to be registered.

    OP, you don't have any right to ask a complete stranger for visiting rights or updates, just because they own a horse you used to have. That's an invasion of privacy, and you don't seem to understand that not everyone is going to welcome a former owner with open arms.
    LeahKathleen likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
      #24
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvr2many    
    ^^ She couldn't anyway, he is not hers to take away. Another thing to remember. He has been someone else's longer than he was yours. I am sorry for your loss but you may be passing up a lot of other great horses looking for this one. Good luck.
    That's not true! He was my horse nine years. He's gone tgrough 4 owners already. If someone has him theyve had him half the time I had him. But like I said I wouldnt take him and im tired of these negative remarks! Im not on here for people to bash me or degrade or make me sad. I wont give up and eventually even if its 15 years down the road ill find him.
    For the record.... in my opinion.... no horse is better then joe so im not paszing up good horses in the search
         
        01-21-2013, 03:55 PM
      #25
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    Another thing; he'd have been a heck of a lot easier to trace if he'd been registered. Just something to think about when people say they don't need papers, or think they're unnecessary. This is a perfect example of why a registerable horse needs to be registered.
    You have no idea why we didnt register him and we thought about that. Once again.... im done with ppl being negative!
         
        01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
      #26
    Green Broke
    Speed that would have helped however I doubt it was in her control whether he was registered. Also registered doesn't always make it easier alot of people don't keep up with owner changes or lose papers etc. Yes it could have been easier but not always.
    smokeyjoe1995 likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 04:00 PM
      #27
    Banned
    How old are you again, OP? You sound like a young teenager, not someone supposedly 25 years old who owns their own business. I don't wanna hear realistic questions! Just pat me on the head and tell me everything's going to work out! Sorry, but it may not and you need to be prepared for that possible outcome.

    Barrel, I merely made a statement. Why ANY registerable horse isn't registered is completely beyond me. It's a way to trace an animal when everything else fails. Yes, it's not fool proof, but it's sure a heck of a lot better than putting out scatter shot e-mails and posting on forums hoping someone, somewhere remembers the beast. It's not like unregistered, gray Arabian geldings are rare.

    I do wish her luck but the odds are very much against her, and she can't just shove her head in the sand and pretend it's all going to come up roses because she wants it to.

    Anyway, I'm out. Y'all can coo and pat her as you see fit.
    nvr2many, FaydesMom and DimSum like this.
         
        01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
      #28
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    How old are you again, OP? You sound like a young teenager, not someone supposedly 25 years old who owns their own business.

    Barrel, I merely made a statement. Why ANY registerable horse isn't registered is completely beyond me. It's a way to trace an animal when everything else fails. Yes, it's not fool proof, but it's sure a heck of a lot better than putting out scatter shot e-mails, posting on forums and hoping someone, somewhere remembers the beast. It's not like unregistered, gray Arabian geldings are rare.
    I am 25. Yall are just ***** me off. You want to know why he's not registered?! I'll tell you sende you obviously havent gone to his fb page.
    When my folks saved his mother we had no idea she was pregnant. No one did. 5 to 6 months later she had joe. We went to the stallion owner and a gal with a black polish stud said its her baby and if we registered him shed want him back. So guess what... he wasnt registered. Ok. Yes I know how easy it is to find a registered horse I've found 3 that way. Its easy because tgeir registered name doesn't change. But he's not and im doing the best I can with all the neigh sayers.
    I do own ny own business and I love it.
    I also help my fiance with his business.
    So next time before you use my case as a reason to register horses, think before you speak. Im not stupid and I've done all I can with what I have.
    Would you do the same?!? Would you search 8 years for a horse?! Especially with so many wanting you to give up and quit. Degrading you because your typing on a cell phone.
    Yall just fuel my fire in this search
         
        01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
      #29
    Weanling
    I have plenty of horses that I keep an eye out for and hope to see again someday, but I don't ask around and hope to see them. 2 were registered and they aren't on all breed or Google so that's as far as I went. Realistically they could have gone across the country, ended up in a slaughter house, or had an accident and are buried in someone's backyard. If those were the case I would rather not know, so I just assume my gelding is in his twenties and loving life, and the babies are now teens, one a ranch horse doing his job, and the other is doing hers, being someones treat eater and lazy rider. And I don't take it any farther then that.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Icrazyaboutu likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 04:15 PM
      #30
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nightside    
    I have plenty of horses that I keep an eye out for and hope to see again someday, but I don't ask around and hope to see them. 2 were registered and they aren't on all breed or Google so that's as far as I went. Realistically they could have gone across the country, ended up in a slaughter house, or had an accident and are buried in someone's backyard. If those were the case I would rather not know, so I just assume my gelding is in his twenties and loving life, and the babies are now teens, one a ranch horse doing his job, and the other is doing hers, being someones treat eater and lazy rider. And I don't take it any farther then that.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Awe you sound like you had awesome horses
    It wasn't my choice to sell my boy. Honestly if it was I could let it go
    But it wasn't. I miss him and I want to see how he is. Dead or not. I want to know.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Horse searching caseyella Horses for Sale 1 07-09-2011 05:03 PM
    horse searching.... QHDragon Horse Talk 8 06-29-2010 03:23 PM
    Searching for Horse Job Runningwild Horse Breeding 2 07-26-2009 12:31 PM
    Horse Searching!!! blue_moon_721 Horses for Sale 5 10-27-2008 11:59 AM
    More horse searching ayeshaqureshi00 Horse Breeds 22 05-24-2008 12:01 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0