Who here is Searching for their horse? - Page 5
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Who here is Searching for their horse?

This is a discussion on Who here is Searching for their horse? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree23Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-21-2013, 04:17 PM
      #41
    Foal
    I understand both sides of the story. Sorry for your loss joe. People on here of course will assume anything if not given enough detail. Also, others do judge harshly on here, not because they don't believe it will be all positive for you, but because they just want to make you aware of the bad things that could happen. Why do they do this even though you don't want to hear it? Because they have gone through it themselves or have seen others in real life, or on here like yourself go through this and SOME (not all) have learned the hard way and came out very badly with experiences.

    Here, we don't sugar coat anything. But I like to believe the best of things despite all the negatives. So all I can say is keep searching and go for it! When you find him and if the owners let you see him, I know they will definitely tell that you have a special bond with the horse. Even I can tell already through your typing. Good luck!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
      #42
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HorseTrance    
    I understand both sides of the story. Sorry for your loss joe. People on here of course will assume anything if not given enough detail. Also, others do judge harshly on here, not because they don't believe it will be all positive for you, but because they just want to make you aware of the bad things that could happen. Why do they do this even though you don't want to hear it? Because they have gone through it themselves or have seen others in real life, or on here like yourself go through this and SOME (not all) have learned the hard way and came out very badly with experiences.

    Here, we don't sugar coat anything. But I like to believe the best of things despite all the negatives. So all I can say is keep searching and go for it! When you find him and if the owners let you see him, I know they will definitely tell that you have a special bond with the horse. Even I can tell already through your typing. Good luck!
    I know they might not let me see him. But I choose to not think about it. Its destroying me to do this. All I want is to see him. Im going to keep trying even if it all everyone is right n I can't see him.
    Im different though. I plan on saving animals and helping them. N if their old owner has been searching ill gladly sell to them.
    :)
    Im just going through a lot too
    HorseTrance likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
      #43
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokeyjoe1995    
    I'm sorry but I wish yall could understand how hard it is on me to keep trying, 8 years is a long time to look. I get defensive. Its not really something I mean to do. It's just a thing I do for protection for me.
    Im sorry. It KILLS me to think ill never see him.
    I wish I could let yall feel what he means to me.
    Im struggling to stay positive and keep hope :'(
    Your not the only one who has even been in this situation and people do understand which is why they don't want to see your heart broken. We are not going to sugar coat things and tell you what you wanna hear. We are going to tell you what the reality is even if you don't like it. IMHO your taking this way to far and your search for him is not healthy, this is along the lines of obsessive especially since you don't wanna face the realistic facts here. At first I felt sorry for you but now I'm rather annoyed. Like I said I'm done with this. I'm not going to get bashed for nothing and your rudeness really turned me off and irritated me. This is a community and a family and we all look out for each other even if it means saying something someone doesn't want to hear. Heck if anything its beneficial to have outside eyes and ears to keep you realistic and from getting a broken heart. Do you know how many people disagree on this site? We are all still friends though. And an opposing opinion is not always a bad thing. We teach each other new stuff all the time. I have been told things I didn't want to hear but instead of getting rude and defensive I took it for what its worth and 99.9% of the time these people are right. All anyone wants is a happy ending but as people who have been there we know the chances are slim to none. I tried to help but if your not going to face the realities of it then this convo is absolutely pointless. I'm done talking to a wall and then being bashed not just here but on FB as well. Like I said good luck but I'm done here. Maybe when you change your attitude and act your age people might wanna help you until then your on your own. Sorry for speaking the truth. I'm known to be very very blunt so if this comes off rude it wasn't my intentions, but you deserve the truth even if you don't like it.

    Just to reiterate I am not trying to be mean or rude. I don't know how to say things without putting it bluntly. Also this is just my opinion so if you don't read it or like it that's fine its my opinion though and I thought you should know why I feel the way I do about this thread. FB bashing is uncalled for as well. So just my opinion and not trying to be rude.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    nvr2many likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 04:55 PM
      #44
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by countrylove    
    Your not the only one who has even been in this situation and people do understand which is why they don't want to see your heart broken. We are not going to sugar coat things and tell you what you wanna hear. We are going to tell you what the reality is even if you don't like it. IMHO your taking this way to far and your search for him is not healthy, this is along the lines of obsessive especially since you don't wanna face the realistic facts here. At first I felt sorry for you but now I'm rather annoyed. Like I said I'm done with this. I'm not going to get bashed for nothing and your rudeness really turned me off and irritated me. This is a community and a family and we all look out for each other even if it means saying something someone doesn't want to hear. Heck if anything its beneficial to have outside eyes and ears to keep you realistic and from getting a broken heart. Do you know how many people disagree on this site? We are all still friends though. And an opposing opinion is not always a bad thing. We teach each other new stuff all the time. I have been told things I didn't want to hear but instead of getting rude and defensive I took it for what its worth and 99.9% of the time these people are right. All anyone wants is a happy ending but as people who have been there we know the chances are slim to none. I tried to help but if your not going to face the realities of it then this convo is absolutely pointless. I'm done talking to a wall and then being bashed not just here but on FB as well. Like I said good luck but I'm done here. Maybe when you change your attitude and act your age people might wanna help you until then your on your own. Sorry for speaking the truth. I'm known to be very very blunt so if this comes off rude it wasn't my intentions, but you deserve the truth even if you don't like it.

    Just to reiterate I am not trying to be mean or rude. I don't know how to say things without putting it bluntly. Also this is just my opinion so if you don't read it or like it that's fine its my opinion though and I thought you should know why I feel the way I do about this thread. FB bashing is uncalled for as well. So just my opinion and not trying to be rude.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Have a good day
         
        01-21-2013, 05:07 PM
      #45
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokeyjoe1995    
    I know they might not let me see him. But I choose to not think about it. Its destroying me to do this. All I want is to see him. Im going to keep trying even if it all everyone is right n I can't see him.
    Im different though. I plan on saving animals and helping them. N if their old owner has been searching ill gladly sell to them.
    :)
    Im just going through a lot too
    Ok, I was out but, since countrylove gave her two cents I feel compelled to give mine! It is unhealthy and if its DESTROYING YOU, then be smart enough to not do it! Your like an alcoholic in a bar saying booze is killing you!!! ****!

    Like others have said, we were not trying to be rude, but rude begot rude!

    Oh and before you say it............ I will have a wonderful day!!!
    AlexS likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 05:15 PM
      #46
    Started
    I take in all sorts of rescue horses and project horses. In doing so I have come across two girls who have very similar stories to your story here. For whatever reason, they had to give up their horse. And I can tell you from personal experience when these girls hound me years later about wanting to know where "their" horse is, wanting to buy him/her back and wanting the new owners contact information... I do NOT give them the new owners contact information. I DO offer to give the new owner of the horse a heads up that the former owner is looking and "here is her number, call her if you'd like". But in both cases the current owner did not call and this made the former owner very upset, mostly with me.

    Like it or not, Speed has brought around some very realistic questions. These are the things that I have told the other girls looking. He is no longer your horse and the current owners may just want to keep it quiet... for somewhat obvious reasons. I wish you luck in finding him and finding peace but be prepared to find out that someone does not want to part with him. Also understand that no matter how long you'd owned this horse, he is no longer your horse. You have no claim to him, so keep calm and be happy with any information you find - negative or positive.

    Best horse in the world or not, I am assuming that if you owned him for ten years and you have been looking for another eight years (which still does not make sense to me that you haven't found him but you know that he has changed hands four times since your father sold him?) that this horse is well into his twenties by now? Then yes, you would be passing up a lot of youthful, usable, also nice horses by spending a lot of energy tracking down a horse that the current owner isn't likely to sell or he may no longer be around all together.

    If you plan on saving and helping animals, why are you waiting to find this horse? There are many, many horses who could use a loving and devoted owner right now.

    Any way, best of luck I suppose!
         
        01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
      #47
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smokeyjoe1995    
    Have a good day
    As a matter of fact I'm having a GREAT day. Getting ready to go Geo caching with a bunch of neighborhood kids
    Posted via Mobile Device
    MyFillyAspen likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
      #48
    Foal
    Yall are right. .... I've decided I'd I find him I find him. I love him but I can't hate my father or be mad forever.
    I'm sorry everyone
         
        01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
      #49
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by New_image    
    I take in all sorts of rescue horses and project horses. In doing so I have come across two girls who have very similar stories to your story here. For whatever reason, they had to give up their horse. And I can tell you from personal experience when these girls hound me years later about wanting to know where "their" horse is, wanting to buy him/her back and wanting the new owners contact information... I do NOT give them the new owners contact information. I DO offer to give the new owner of the horse a heads up that the former owner is looking and "here is her number, call her if you'd like". But in both cases the current owner did not call and this made the former owner very upset, mostly with me.

    Like it or not, Speed has brought around some very realistic questions. These are the things that I have told the other girls looking. He is no longer your horse and the current owners may just want to keep it quiet... for somewhat obvious reasons. I wish you luck in finding him and finding peace but be prepared to find out that someone does not want to part with him. Also understand that no matter how long you'd owned this horse, he is no longer your horse. You have no claim to him, so keep calm and be happy with any information you find - negative or positive.

    Best horse in the world or not, I am assuming that if you owned him for ten years and you have been looking for another eight years (which still does not make sense to me that you haven't found him but you know that he has changed hands four times since your father sold him?) that this horse is well into his twenties by now? Then yes, you would be passing up a lot of youthful, usable, also nice horses by spending a lot of energy tracking down a horse that the current owner isn't likely to sell or he may no longer be around all together.

    If you plan on saving and helping animals, why are you waiting to find this horse? There are many, many horses who could use a loving and devoted owner right now.

    Any way, best of luck I suppose!
    I've stopped looking. But to explain a few things.
    He was born in the Ranch sold when he was 10.
    He's turning 18 this july.
    I was able to talk to 3 former owners.
    That was 2010 I got this info.
    It dosent matter anymore.
    I'm sorry
         
        01-21-2013, 10:31 PM
      #50
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by countrylove    
    As a matter of fact I'm having a GREAT day. Getting ready to go Geo caching with a bunch of neighborhood kids
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I used to make those :) geo coins are very complicated but fun
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Horse searching caseyella Horses for Sale 1 07-09-2011 04:03 PM
    horse searching.... QHDragon Horse Talk 8 06-29-2010 02:23 PM
    Searching for Horse Job Runningwild Horse Breeding 2 07-26-2009 11:31 AM
    Horse Searching!!! blue_moon_721 Horses for Sale 5 10-27-2008 10:59 AM
    More horse searching ayeshaqureshi00 Horse Breeds 22 05-24-2008 11:01 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0