When I sell a horse I give the buyer these items:
Bill of Sale
Copy of Registration papers
Health Cert, if needed
Travelling papers (documentation of any vet care, vaccinations, deworming & farrier work)
I include the fee to do the transfer of ownership in the sales price, most of the time, and I have the buyer sign and put their info as new owner on the registration papers, I sign and then I enclose a copy of the bill of sale, a check for the transfer fee and the registration papers with instructions to mail the new registration paperwork to the buyer, and then I send it all off to whatever registry the horse is registered in.
Here's a copy of my bill of sale, with all my personal stuff out of it.
This agreement made this ________ day of _____________ 20_____, by and between ______________ hereafter referred to as “Seller” and ________________________________, hereafter referred to as “Buyer”.
The parties hereby acknowledge that this agreement is made for the purchase and sale of ______________________________(description of horse), known as __________________________ (horse name, registration number), foaled on _____________________.
A. Seller guarantees that he has full power to sell the animal; the title is clear and free from liens and is unencumbered: and further: he will defend the same against the claim or claims of all persons whomsoever.
B. Buyer agrees to purchase the animal as is and agrees that significant issues have been disclosed to their satisfaction.
__________________________________________________ __________________________ (Description of any and all conditions disclosed to Buyer by Seller or Seller’s Agent).
C. This bill of sale represents the entire agreement between the parties. No other agreements or promises, verbal or implied are included unless specifically stated in this written agreement.
D. This bill of sale is entered into in the State of Oklahoma, Payne County and shall be enforced and interpreted under the laws of this state & county.
E. In consideration of the payment arrangement outlined below Seller agrees to sell and Buyer agrees to buy said horse described above on the terms and conditions further set forth herein.
As consideration, Buyer agrees to:
1. Buyer agrees to pay a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $XX00.00 US Currency in cash to remove Horse from sales lists and to hold the Horse until _______________.
2. Buyer agrees to pay the balance of $ ____________ US Currency in cash on or before _________________ .
3. Buyer agrees to assume all veterinary and board costs accrued from _______________ by and for Horse described above.
4. Buyer agrees to assume all farrier costs accrued by said Horse from __________________.
5. Buyer understands and agrees that in the event that balance owed on Horse is not paid in full by ______________________, deposit is forfeit and full ownership remains with Seller and Buyer shall have no further entitlements to Horse.
6. Buyer understands and agrees that all bills accrued on behalf of Horse must be paid in full before said Horse may leave Dreamcatcher Arabian Horses LLC.
Seller agrees to promptly execute all necessary paperwork and to take all necessary steps to transfer ownership and registration of the animal to Buyer at no cost to the Buyer, upon payment in full of all monies owed by Buyer.
Seller’s Signature & Date
Buyer’s Signature & Date