Is It Wrong? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Is It Wrong?

This is a discussion on Is It Wrong? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree26Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-25-2012, 08:10 PM
      #11
    Green Broke
    You say you have been leasing him for almost a year - what is the length/term of the lease you are under? If it is a one year lease, and is coming to an end, it would seem likely she may be preparing for the end of the lease and what she might be planning to do with him.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-25-2012, 08:11 PM
      #12
    Yearling
    No, I don't think you have a right to be upset. It is not your horse. You pay for the right to ride it, that's it. She can clip him, dye him, shoe him, designate what tack may or may not be used on him, say whether he can jump or not, etc. You can either go along with it, or end the lease.
    In fact, if it were my horse, and I heard that the leasee was complaining that I pulled his mane, I would not be inclined to renew the lease to them.
    The only way for you to have full say in what happens with a horse is if You own it.
    themacpack and palominolover like this.
         
        03-25-2012, 11:28 PM
      #13
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skipsfirstspike    
    No, I don't think you have a right to be upset. It is not your horse. You pay for the right to ride it, that's it. She can clip him, dye him, shoe him, designate what tack may or may not be used on him, say whether he can jump or not, etc. You can either go along with it, or end the lease.
    In fact, if it were my horse, and I heard that the leasee was complaining that I pulled his mane, I would not be inclined to renew the lease to them.
    The only way for you to have full say in what happens with a horse is if You own it.
    Remind not to lease from you. I think th OP has every right to be upset and voice her opnions to the horses owner (who doesn't sound like she has the time or is willing to put the effort into owning a horse) but like everyone else said it's not her choice in the end and the owner should at least have given her a heads up before making such extreme changes.
         
        03-25-2012, 11:52 PM
      #14
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samstead    
    Remind not to lease from you. I think th OP has every right to be upset and voice her opnions to the horses owner (who doesn't sound like she has the time or is willing to put the effort into owning a horse) but like everyone else said it's not her choice in the end and the owner should at least have given her a heads up before making such extreme changes.
    You have no idea why she is leasing the horse, and have no right to make assumptions about her reasoning. If she didn't care at all, she would have sold it, don't you think? THis is a FREE lease. Yeah, you are paying the board, but it remains HER horse. If you want to chat with her, go ahead, but in the end, it is still HER horse, and she can do what she wants. Besides that, I doubt you are at the barn 24/7, and I would guess there are probably at least 16 hours every day when she could show up and you would have no idea. Truth is, just because you haven't SEEN her, doesn't mean she hasn't been there.
         
        03-26-2012, 12:19 AM
      #15
    Trained
    I didn't realize so many people leased horses until I came to this board. If it were me, and I leased my horse out - I would be upset to know they resented my "randomly showing up". As the owner, I would feel inclined to ensure my horse was doing well, and I wouldn't treat the lessee as the owner and ask their permission to do anything, but I might mention it to them out of courtesy. It is easy enough to buy a horse, and it sounds as if you would prefer full possession - why not just buy him or another?
    Skipsfirstspike likes this.
         
        03-26-2012, 12:20 AM
      #16
    Yearling
    Actually when I came across him, she was trying to give him away. I asked about an on farm lease because I am in between stages of college and law school and knew leasing would be best for a horse and myself. I actually work at my barn so I am there almost everyday for several hours. I am close with my BO and she tells me when his owner randomly shows up. I can count on one hand the number of time they have been there since january. So before you judge YOU should get all the facts instead of jumping down my throat. Just a heads up or consulting me would have been nice.
         
        03-26-2012, 12:24 AM
      #17
    Yearling
    I don't resent her randomly showing up either, I don't know where you heard that from. I just never know when she is there or if she is going to be there. She never contacts me either unless she needs something. Which is also never. I like the person I lease from they are really nice, it just would have been nice to know her plans.
         
        03-26-2012, 12:31 AM
      #18
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicole25    
    I don't resent her randomly showing up either, I don't know where you heard that from. I just never know when she is there or if she is going to be there. She never contacts me either unless she needs something. Which is also never. I like the person I lease from they are really nice, it just would have been nice to know her plans.
    Oh, I misunderstood your statement -

    "Is it wrong that I am sorta upset and pissed that she just randomly showed up and did this?"

    So, the random part was of no concern, you just included it in the sentence b/c?
         
        03-26-2012, 12:35 AM
      #19
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicole25    
    Actually when I came across him, she was trying to give him away. I asked about an on farm lease because I am in between stages of college and law school and knew leasing would be best for a horse and myself. I actually work at my barn so I am there almost everyday for several hours. I am close with my BO and she tells me when his owner randomly shows up. I can count on one hand the number of time they have been there since january. So before you judge YOU should get all the facts instead of jumping down my throat. Just a heads up or consulting me would have been nice.
    Noone is "jumping down your throat", so just cool your jets. So what if you work there, and your BO lives there. Mine does too! But noone is there 24/7. And even so-the lessee owes you NOTHING. If I feel like stopping to see my horse because I am in the area, I don't feel any obligation to tell anyone. I don't lease mine, but would never hesitate to grab any time when I can to spend with them. All of us lead busy lives and all are not fortunate enough to be able to spend lots of time with our horses. That is just how it is. You should be happy she cares enough to stop at all. And just FYI-I have one who is retired, and my BO could say she could count the # of times I have seen him this year on one hand also. I happen to live out of state in the winter. You do not know her personal life, nor do you have any right to.
         
        03-26-2012, 12:37 AM
      #20
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Missy May    
    Oh, I misunderstood your statement -

    "Is it wrong that I am sorta upset and pissed that she just randomly showed up and did this?"

    So, the random part was of no concern, you just included it in the sentence b/c?
    The random part was referring to her buzzing half his mane off. Not to her showing up. I was more surprised that she was even there let alone took the time to clean him up.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What could have been wrong with her? tarebear Horse Health 4 02-22-2011 12:42 AM
    Am I in the wrong? Beau Baby Horse Talk 22 08-18-2010 08:33 PM
    What I do wrong?? EventersBabe Horse Talk 6 04-11-2010 03:45 AM
    i need to know if this is wrong... please help KaylaOscer1994 Horse Talk 16 10-07-2009 10:40 PM
    Something wrong? zurmdahl Horse Health 7 03-22-2009 10:15 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0