Your Horse-Related Dreams/Aspirations
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Your Horse-Related Dreams/Aspirations

This is a discussion on Your Horse-Related Dreams/Aspirations within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree4Likes
    • 1 Post By waresbear
    • 1 Post By Roman
    • 1 Post By trailhorserider
    • 1 Post By Kati

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-15-2014, 08:54 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    Your Horse-Related Dreams/Aspirations

    I've been looking at a few different "horse-themed" vacation packages just for fun, and I'm just wondering what everyone's horse-related dreams are!

    Mine would probably be doing a three or four day ride across rugged terrain in a remote European or Asian country! Somewhere with mountains and wide open plains and a ton of other interesting terrain... Maybe something like Mongolia. That would be one heck of an experience. On my more sensible side, I'd like to gallop across Italian beaches.


    Anybody else have any daydreams?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-15-2014, 10:50 PM
      #2
    Trained
    I kind of always wanted to ride down the Grand Canyon on one of those mules.
    SummerShy likes this.
         
        08-15-2014, 11:04 PM
      #3
    Weanling
    I want to ride out on horseback and see mustangs in the wild.

    We were going to do this while back but the guy was out of town and I was the only one qualified to ride. XD
    Posted via Mobile Device
    SummerShy likes this.
         
        08-16-2014, 02:03 AM
      #4
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roman    
    I want to ride out on horseback and see mustangs in the wild.

    We were going to do this while back but the guy was out of town and I was the only one qualified to ride. XD
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I've done that! They are actually more like feral horses than "wild" mustangs, because you can get pretty close to them and people feed them and such. But it is still cool! We see them pretty frequently in fact.

    My dream, hmm. Really, I just want to get my gelding trained up into an outstanding trail horse. That is my dream.

    But for like a vacation? I would love to ride on a beach! Or a horseback vacation in Europe would be awesome! Like take a horseback tour in each country you visit. That would be awesome!

    Never wanted to do the mules at the Grand Canyon. I'm afraid of heights. I know someone that did it and the trails really ARE that narrow. I don't think I would enjoy it because I would be too scared.

    Or how about going to a different part of the country to try out horses and bring one home? That would be neat too!
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg wildfamily1.jpg (97.8 KB, 14 views)
    File Type: jpg Wild Horses May 2014 small.jpg (81.6 KB, 14 views)
    clumsychelsea likes this.
         
        08-16-2014, 02:11 AM
      #5
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waresbear    
    I kind of always wanted to ride down the Grand Canyon on one of those mules.
    my mom has done the GC hike I think twice and this last time she sent me this pic
    mule.jpg

    FREAKING. ADORABLE. She asked the owners about him. He was 29 been doing it since he was 4 and they had just retired him that year!

    I WANT HIM.
         
        08-16-2014, 05:03 AM
      #6
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clumsychelsea    
    Mine would probably be doing a three or four day ride across rugged terrain in a remote European or Asian country! Somewhere with mountains and wide open plains and a ton of other interesting terrain... Maybe something like Mongolia. That would be one heck of an experience. On my more sensible side, I'd like to gallop across Italian beaches.
    Sardinia. Italian beaches and rugged mountains. The contrasts are absolutely breathtaking.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    clumsychelsea likes this.
         
        08-16-2014, 08:54 AM
      #7
    Green Broke
    I did a 7 day ride in Ireland. That was really fun and I would do it again.

    Others on that ride told me of great rides they went on in Wales (lots of jumping), Spain (seriously long days), Italy, and Argentina.
         
        08-16-2014, 10:34 AM
      #8
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boots    
    I did a 7 day ride in Ireland. That was really fun and I would do it again.

    Others on that ride told me of great rides they went on in Wales (lots of jumping), Spain (seriously long days), Italy, and Argentina.
    I would love to do a 7 day ride in Ireland! I've always wanted to go there.
         
        08-16-2014, 12:27 PM
      #9
    Foal
    I would LOVE to join a trail riding club with nice people and travel around the country. Am envious of y'all who do that!

    And I gotta say I would love to gallop a horse on a beach and ride into the water. I know that's a little cliché but I want to do it!

    As for aspirations: I just want to have more time to be with my horses. It's been rough lately due to medication changes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Tags
    aspirations, daydreams

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Dreams,meanings of the dreams :) Panele General Off Topic Discussion 8 03-26-2014 10:15 PM
    Dressage Goals/Career/Aspirations katdressagegirl Dressage 13 10-31-2012 01:26 AM
    The horse of your dreams? EnglishElegance Horse Talk 41 09-16-2012 03:11 PM
    goals and aspirations blue eyed pony Jumping 9 03-08-2012 06:16 AM
    Your horse-related dreams and goals Gilly Horse Talk 15 11-14-2011 08:56 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0