1. We have two horses. Is there some real advantage to a 3 horse trailer? Why are two horse trailers with living quarters so outnumbered by 3 horse trailers?
2. Right now we have a Ford F150. Are we going to need a larger truck?
(I think I know the answer to this...I'm just sort of grasping at straws here. )
3. My husband's OTTB completely fills the warmblood trailer from one end to the buttbar. Will he fit in a slant load?
4. How do you begin to choose among the various manufacturers?
5. We're used to a steel trailer, but we have quiet, well-behaved horses and an aluminum trailer would be lighter to haul. Is a steel frame essential?
ANY guidance would be appreciated. We've hauled our horses for the last 10 years in our current trailer and we've camped...but camping would be SO much easier and comfortable with living quarters. I'm looking forward to it, but sorting our way through all the choices is a little daunting. There are a LOT of used trailers available and we're not even sure how to go about evaluating them and choosing among them!