I would love to hear the pros and cons and opinions from others.
- Like a lot of people I can't back up a horse trailer for ****.
- I do already have a truck, but its a 1985 Chevy 3/4 ton S20 with 250,000 miles.
- The van is a 1997 (12 years newer) Ford 450, with 125,000 miles.
- The van has a 1-3 horse configuration, you can either have 1 big box stall or 3 straight load.
- Several of my planned shows this year are over 300 miles away from home.
- If the horse van or trailer were to break down, I have access to affordable bumper pull trailers, but if my truck were to break down I don't know anyone with a truck able to help me.
- I am hauling my giant warmblood mare and new baby Aldis, and next year the two of them.
- Price would be roughly the same for each, with a trailer being maybe a tiny bit less.
I love them but they wouldn't know a snaffle from a gooseneck.
Thanks in advance!