I've been reading more about horses being shocked or even electrocuted by mis-wired trailers, incorrectly grounded engine block heaters, and power outlets or extension cords without grounds. I think that everyone who plugs a trailer or pickup truck into any type of power outlet should be using a non-contact AC tester to confirm there's not an electrical hot-skin condition on the vehicle or trailer which can be deadly to horses and humans alike.
So please read this article I've written about hot-skin testing trailers using a Fluke VoltAlert: RV Electrical Safety: Part IV ? Hot Skin | No~Shock~Zone
I've also done a video that shows how to do this simple hot-skin test on a full size 40 ft toyhauler trailer: ‪howtoseminars's Channel‬‏ - YouTube
Both links include articles about extension cord overheating, understanding volts and amps, and picking a surge or voltage protector for your trailer.
We're now planning a series of No~Shock~Zone seminars around the country to teach electrical safety for RVs and trailers of all types. Please contact me if your group might be interested in hosting a seminar at your rally or event.
Also, please let me know if you think this information should be posted on any other forum here, possibly under horse health.
Mike Sokol firstname.lastname@example.org