Clinton V.S. Pat - Page 15 - The Horse Forum

 293Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The sandbox
Posts: 5,452
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame Nuit View Post
I didn't post the video!
You posted the picture of the bridle and that is what I was referring to. You can not compare a shanked bit to a spade bit, two different concepts. That is the point I am trying to get across.
nrhareiner likes this.

I DON'T LEAD 'EM AND FEED 'EM, I RIDE 'EM AND SLIDE 'EM.
COWCHICK77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: France
Posts: 139
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
The point I am making is that PP passes himself and his training DVDs as something they are not. If the master himself can not train a horse to spin properly yet thinks it is correct enough to show off and try and impress people what does that say for him and his training? All he is trying to do is impress people who do not know any better. He did the same thing when he was trying to get into reining. He went to some po dunk show which was not NRHA or NRCHA sactioned and did some reining and reined cow horse with some of his people and place high at the show then played it off with how good he was and how well hid and his students did in reining and cow horse. At the end of the day they pulled these videos b/c he was getting call out for it. When he actually tried NRHA reining he got schooled big time.
You're wrong on that point.
If PP DVD had been made to train horses to make spins and sliding stops and so on with horses, then they would have been NO USE for me, as I'm not a westerner.
What I'm looking for when I use PP DVDs, is how to communicate with the horse, how to improve the relationship, the confidence, the security.
I have a french instructor for french horsemanship, I don't need PP for that.

But when a friend of mine buy a horse, and discover after he had baught it that it as been bottle breed, and that he kicks, rears, bolts... I'm happy I know Parelli method so the horse can finally be ridden like any other horse.
That's what I find in Parelli's DVDs.

Faites de lui un compagnon, pas un esclave.
Nuno Oliveira.
Dame Nuit is offline  
post #143 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 956
• Horses: 0
I've heard of the rivalry of English vs Western but French vs Western? :]
COWCHICK77 likes this.
Ian McDonald is offline  
post #144 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: France
Posts: 139
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
CC is talking about the bits posted.

As to the videos. They are apples to apples. That is why I used them.
BSM posted this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5895...e_gdata_player

And that's the reason why I posted the bits pictures.

Faites de lui un compagnon, pas un esclave.
Nuno Oliveira.
Dame Nuit is offline  
post #145 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: France
Posts: 139
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian McDonald View Post
I've heard of the rivalry of English vs Western but French vs Western? :]
You english-speaking people only know about England in Europe!
Other country DO exist!

Faites de lui un compagnon, pas un esclave.
Nuno Oliveira.
Dame Nuit is offline  
post #146 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The sandbox
Posts: 5,452
• Horses: 0
Did you hear the "whoosh" when that comment flew over your head?
smrobs and bsms like this.

I DON'T LEAD 'EM AND FEED 'EM, I RIDE 'EM AND SLIDE 'EM.
COWCHICK77 is offline  
post #147 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: France
Posts: 139
• Horses: 3
"whoosh"???
Maybe I missed something?

Faites de lui un compagnon, pas un esclave.
Nuno Oliveira.
Dame Nuit is offline  
post #148 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 956
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame Nuit View Post
You english-speaking people only know about England in Europe!
Other country DO exist!
They do? I thought it was all EU now.

I'm just pulling your tail. I have seen some French riding.


Thought I'd throw that out there as a contrast to Pat. ;]
Ian McDonald is offline  
post #149 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame Nuit View Post
You're wrong on that point.
If PP DVD had been made to train horses to make spins and sliding stops and so on with horses, then they would have been NO USE for me, as I'm not a westerner.
What I'm looking for when I use PP DVDs, is how to communicate with the horse, how to improve the relationship, the confidence, the security.
I have a french instructor for french horsemanship, I don't need PP for that.

But when a friend of mine buy a horse, and discover after he had baught it that it as been bottle breed, and that he kicks, rears, bolts... I'm happy I know Parelli method so the horse can finally be ridden like any other horse.
That's what I find in Parelli's DVDs.

That is fine if all YOU want form PP DVDs is a relationship. However that is not all he is selling. If it was he would not be doing these things at his clinics. He would not be trying to impress others by how well he things he can do these maneuvers.

The fact is that he is using these things to try and impress unknowing people into thinking if they buy his DVDs they too can do reining or Dressage or what ever they want. The fact is that you can not. He has proven this by his riding and his videos.

If what he is selling is simply a relationship then that is what he needs to be showing in his clinics and DVDs. However he would not get the sales if that is all he did.

As a breeder I have never heard the term bottle breed? Are you trying to say that the horse was bottle fed and human raised vs raised in a herd of horses?
smrobs and HorseCrazyTeen like this.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
post #150 of 221 Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: France
Posts: 139
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian McDonald View Post

I'm just pulling your tail.
So did I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian McDonald View Post

Thought I'd throw that out there as a contrast to Pat. ;]
Nobody can match the best frenchies! Not even with Cissy the mule!

Faites de lui un compagnon, pas un esclave.
Nuno Oliveira.
Dame Nuit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clinton Anderson Lexiie Natural Horsemanship 48 05-07-2012 09:44 PM
Clinton Anderson DVD JustPaint Tack and Equipment Classifieds 6 10-18-2010 07:34 PM
clinton anderson dizzynurse Horse Talk 2 08-17-2010 08:06 PM
Clinton Anderson SarahRicoh Natural Horsemanship 20 08-12-2010 06:01 PM
Clinton Anderson hanse004 Horse Training 7 07-27-2007 02:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome