Clinton V.S. Pat - Page 19
   

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Trainers

Clinton V.S. Pat

This is a discussion on Clinton V.S. Pat within the Horse Trainers forums, part of the Training Horses category

    Like Tree293Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-28-2013, 05:14 PM
      #181
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    Yup. And I also follow Stacy Westfall. I like her riding, but I have one of her training videos and don't agree with it at all. Yes she can ride, doesn't mean Pat can't. And also you seem to have avoided my questions on wether or not you could do stuff like that...

    See that pic in my Avatar? I think that is all the proof I need. They do not give those out as participation.
    smrobs, Speed Racer, bsms and 2 others like this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-28-2013, 05:16 PM
      #182
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    Yup. And I also follow Stacy Westfall. I like her riding, but I have one of her training videos and don't agree with it at all. Yes she can ride, doesn't mean Pat can't. And also you seem to have avoided my questions on wether or not you could do stuff like that...
    You do not have to agree with it. However what she does has been proven to work. She trains horses and then takes them and puts it out there against her piers and in front of impartial judges. PP tried that a few times and failed big time.
         
        01-28-2013, 05:16 PM
      #183
    Yearling
    ^^ I agree. The main reason Pat can't make it in the reining world, is because he's got a seat like a sack of bricks, and he plows around on his horses heads. So he settles for marketing trick training under that name of horsemanship.
         
        01-28-2013, 05:17 PM
      #184
    Started
    Nope. Actually if I can find a video of it, one time for a trailer loading seminar he just played with the horse for the whole seminar... And with 5mins left he walked up to the trailer and the horse jumped right in no problem. The horse before hand would not load for anybody
         
        01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
      #185
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    Nope. Actually if I can find a video of it, one time for a trailer loading seminar he just played with the horse for the whole seminar... And with 5mins left he walked up to the trailer and the horse jumped right in no problem. The horse before hand would not load for anybody
    I had a call once to come load a mare into a trailer for a lady that had not been loaded for two years, because nobody could even get her within ten feet of the trailer door. I had her loading in a two horse trailer in five minutes. It isn't a big deal, trailer loading is easy stuff..
         
        01-28-2013, 05:23 PM
      #186
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wanstrom Horses    
    I had a call once to come load a mare into a trailer for a lady that had not been loaded for two years, because nobody could even get her within ten feet of the trailer door. I had her loading in a two horse trailer in five minutes. It isn't a big deal, trailer loading is easy stuff..

    I agree teaching a horse to load it not that hard. My stallion has 5 fused vertebra from being cross tied as a baby and beaten in a trailer. When I got him he would not even look at a trainer with out running backwards. Did not take me very long to teach him to load.
         
        01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
      #187
    Started
    I do agree that it's not hard. I find it fun actually.
    And the whole point of what he does, I know because I've done it myself, is to find the root of the issue and find something interesting that'll take the horse's mind off of the scary things while fixing them. With his horse Magic, the first time he rode her she was nervous and couldn't keep her feet still.. So he thought 'Okay, you can't keep your feet still? I'll make this fun and turn it into something you can learn.' You know that dance he does on her? That's what he turned it into.
         
        01-28-2013, 05:31 PM
      #188
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven    
    I do agree that it's not hard. I find it fun actually.
    And the whole point of what he does, I know because I've done it myself, is to find the root of the issue and find something interesting that'll take the horse's mind off of the scary things while fixing them. With his horse Magic, the first time he rode her she was nervous and couldn't keep her feet still.. So he thought 'Okay, you can't keep your feet still? I'll make this fun and turn it into something you can learn.' You know that dance he does on her? That's what he turned it into.
    And this is different then any proven trainer with a 2yo?? The fact is that what he has taught her is not correct. He has one video where he is turning the mare like a reining horse. He is in her face with a death grip pulling her around and the turn is incorrect.
         
        01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
      #189
    Yearling
    Yes NRA is correct. He yanks on that horses mouth to no tomorrow. And you know wht teaching that horse to dance was?? A training bandaid because he didn't know correctly how to keep that horses feet still. So he turned it into a trick and marketed it. And I can't stand riding those PP horses that are trained to do that dance, because all it is, is a controlled, nervous prance. Once again, not impressive in the least..
    smrobs and nrhareiner like this.
         
        01-28-2013, 06:57 PM
      #190
    Yearling
    I don't really care for either one, but if I had to pick one I would choose Pat. Seen CA haul on the reins way too much and he just seemed to like to wack the crap out of his horse. Also saw another well-known natural horsemanship "trainer" ride a horse nearly into the ground until the horse was staggering and almost fell down, I was getting up from my seat to go file a complaint with the horse expo about it when the jerk finally let the poor horse stop and rest. Not real trainers in my opinion.
    Nokotaheaven likes this.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Clinton Anderson Lexiie Natural Horsemanship 48 05-07-2012 09:44 PM
    Clinton Anderson DVD JustPaint Tack and Equipment Classifieds 6 10-18-2010 07:34 PM
    clinton anderson dizzynurse Horse Talk 2 08-17-2010 08:06 PM
    Clinton Anderson SarahRicoh Natural Horsemanship 20 08-12-2010 06:01 PM
    Clinton Anderson hanse004 Horse Training 7 07-27-2007 02:04 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0