Clinton V.S. Pat - Page 4
   

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Trainers

Clinton V.S. Pat

This is a discussion on Clinton V.S. Pat within the Horse Trainers forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Pp pat clinton
  • Horse forum rick gore

Like Tree293Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-14-2012, 07:39 PM
  #31
twp
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsms    
A painting from 1888:



Probably not made of fiberglass.

The trainer who taught my horses prefers a lasso. I'm too clumsy with a lasso, so I bought a lunge whip. You can also push or rub with a rolled up lasso.
..It's ORANGE!! Lol. We have a shortened/broken Lunge whip, I use it to mostly beat my bf with. :) lol.. oh, It works good with the horses too, lol..Not to beat them.. Let me clear that up, before someone that thinks I'm a Rick Gore Minion, starts makes up another one, lol. To lunge them with.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-14-2012, 07:44 PM
  #32
Foal
I've tried using a lunge whip, to "whippy". The advantage of the carrot stick is that it is stiff. It allows the use of steady pressure on the horse which is not possible with a flexible stick.
I have also found by testing on my wife (just kidding, my hand actually :) ) that used with the same force a flexible whip causes much more pain than I can achieve with a carrot stick. I assume that CAs stick has similar characteristics as he probably got the idea when he was training under the Parelli system. I'd just choose the cheapest.
Incidentally I have seen cheap copies of the carrot stick by other manufacturers and considered buying them, but they were just to flexible.
twp likes this.
     
    12-14-2012, 07:44 PM
  #33
twp
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA    
No, I know that, lol.. I thought Clinton Anderson Participated in the Extreme Cowboy Race?.. I do like Craig Cameron, by the way!
     
    12-14-2012, 07:46 PM
  #34
Trained
Hmmm...Pat is older than I realized...

     
    12-14-2012, 07:46 PM
  #35
Showing
Truthfully, if I was going to buy anyone's "stick and string" thing, it would be Dennis Reis's. At least his has that handy little hook at one end.
Reis Ranch Horse Flag

As for who invented the Carrot Stick in particular, that would be PP, but it's really nothing more than his own take and some speshul name he slapped on something that has been used for millennia in the horse-handling arena.
     
    12-14-2012, 07:46 PM
  #36
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner    
So just B/C CA uses a stick that is must be a CS and he must have learnd it from PP? Really? You might want to think about that for a min. As PP and CA are not the only trainers who use a stick with a sting to work horses.
Well, yah, that's my conclusion (though Clinton never says, "I got this stick idea from PNH"), because his mentor in Australia, Ian whats-his-name, wasn't a stick user, the reiners in USA weren't, but PNH is.

If you conclude differently, you should give a reason for it.
     
    12-14-2012, 07:53 PM
  #37
Trained
My point is that CA first come over he worked under top reining trainer then went back to AUS. Not sure I have ever seen any thing that states he ever worked under PP.

My point is that if you think that every trainer who uses a stick and string worked under PP you are wrong. Stacy has been using a stick and string for years and she has never worked under PP or done any of his programs. She is much better then he would ever hope to be.
smrobs and Muppetgirl like this.
     
    12-14-2012, 08:34 PM
  #38
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner    
My point is that CA first come over he worked under top reining trainer then went back to AUS. Not sure I have ever seen any thing that states he ever worked under PP. You probably can find out online. You can even ask Clinton.

My point is that if you think that every trainer who uses a stick and string worked under PP you are wrong. Not to worry, I've not made that assumption. Why are you even pointing it out to me? Stacy has been using a stick and string for years and she has never worked under PP or done any of his programs. She is much better then he would ever hope to be.
Again, it's that we were discussing Clinton's history with the stick, relative to Pat's! How lousy or good Pat is at cueing, how much better Stacy is than Pat, the fact that you never heard that Clinton studied under PNH etc, obfuscate OP's simple question, which asked for the facts, not opinions.
     
    12-14-2012, 08:40 PM
  #39
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern    
Again, it's that we were discussing Clinton's history with the stick, relative to Pat's! How lousy or good Pat is at cueing, how much better Stacy is than Pat, the fact that you never heard that Clinton studied under PNH etc, obfuscate OP's simple question, which asked for the facts, not opinions.
Show me your facts then? Show me proof that CA ever trained under PP.

Again the fact is that neither invented the device. It has been around a long long time before either of them ever set foot on earth.
     
    12-14-2012, 08:48 PM
  #40
Started
The carrot stick is a nice version of a stick (that you find out in the woods) and that's about it. No body owns it
Shropshirerosie likes this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clinton Anderson Lexiie Natural Horsemanship 48 05-07-2012 09:44 PM
Clinton Anderson DVD JustPaint Tack and Equipment Classifieds 6 10-18-2010 07:34 PM
clinton anderson dizzynurse Horse Talk 2 08-17-2010 08:06 PM
Clinton Anderson SarahRicoh Natural Horsemanship 20 08-12-2010 06:01 PM
Clinton Anderson hanse004 Horse Training 7 07-27-2007 02:04 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0