Horse killed at CA's in TX? - Page 12
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Trainers

Horse killed at CA's in TX?

This is a discussion on Horse killed at CA's in TX? within the Horse Trainers forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Cesar parra lawsuit
  • Fairyknob horse farm

Like Tree1491Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-28-2013, 07:44 PM
  #111
Yearling
Did CA state anywhere the horse was tied? Or is that simply what the owner said and everyone went from there?
texasgal and jamesdean57 like this.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-28-2013, 07:44 PM
  #112
Started
As my very wise grandma used to say" side A, side B and the real truth which nobody ever hears.

As far as the necropsy, CA COULD not ask a vet to do it. The owner HAS to give the okay, if , as in this instance the animal is not close by, they have to fax the information and okay to the vet. To not have the owners permission is a cause for lawsuit for both the vet and the trainer who said it do it.

I have no feelings one way or the other for CA or any of the trainers, but this is my opinion:
I can understand how some feel CA's letter was harsh, but if we are reading on here what the woman has posted and her facebook and stuff, it has to make you wonder just what vendetta she has started against CA, and maybe he was just tired of it. One person can ruin anyones reputation and and it sounds like this owner is stating lots of truths and untruths depending on where it is being read. I questioned her post about making the horse hungry before it left? Strange, most folks feed in the trailer for a ride. She also posted how dangerous this horse had become bucking people off, etc.
I do wonder if this had been her "local" trainer or friend of the family, or someone other than a big name trainer, would she be posting all this stuff? It seems as if CA offered her a horse to replace the lost one.Sounds like she likes BIG tough horses, maybe what she needs is a small horse that is trained that she can control.
It is sad the horse died. Accidents happen all the time to any animals. One minute they are fine and appear healthy, the next minute they are dead...
     
    03-28-2013, 07:45 PM
  #113
Trained
I just looked at her FB page...she looks like kind of a crazy person...
     
    03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
  #114
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBHavin    
Did CA state anywhere the horse was tied? Or is that simply what the owner said and everyone went from there?
This would be a big thing to mention in his "statement", one way or another. He had an opportunity to present this version of the events. If she is insinuating that the horse was tied, and the horse wasn't, he needs to address this.
     
    03-28-2013, 07:51 PM
  #115
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsygirl    
i just looked at her FB page...she looks like kind of a crazy person...
I looked at her FB page and saw lots of beautiful well trained horses and good riders. I think the fairy stuff is a mystical gimic for promoting the beautiful horses they have.
Palomine likes this.
     
    03-28-2013, 07:54 PM
  #116
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselessmom    
This would be a big thing to mention in his "statement", one way or another. He had an opportunity to present this version of the events. If she is insinuating that the horse was tied, and the horse wasn't, he needs to address this.

But at this point in time, he might know she's saying he killed the horse but not what is actually being said. You know the game telephone? Just one tiny thing off in every version presented.
     
    03-28-2013, 07:55 PM
  #117
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselessmom    
This would be a big thing to mention in his "statement", one way or another. He had an opportunity to present this version of the events. If she is insinuating that the horse was tied, and the horse wasn't, he needs to address this.
Yes! I'm as curious as a can be! I wish he'd make a statement as to what the horse was doing at the time of the incident.

Kind of reminds me of this case:

Olympian Cesar Parra Escapes Prosecution for Horse Abuse | Rate My Horse PRO
     
    03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
  #118
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by churumbeque    
I looked at her FB page and saw lots of beautiful well trained horses and good riders. I think the fairy stuff is a mystical gimic for promoting the beautiful horses they have.
Fairy Knob Farm is a breeding facility for fairytale horses

This really does not seem professional and is really off putting to me. And this is the first thing she writes about her farm...honestly, how can you take that seriously ?
     
    03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
  #119
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBHavin    
But at this point in time, he might know she's saying he killed the horse but not what is actually being said. You know the game telephone? Just one tiny thing off in every version presented.
She actually said that she is sure there was no negligence involved.

If he is not sure what's being said, he shouldn't really finish his "statement" with "over and done."

And in any event, even if he doesn't know what the owner is insinuating, it would be open for him to present his version of the events. He must know that people would be wondering. Otherwise he appears as though he has something to hide.
     
    03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
  #120
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsygirl    
Fairy Knob Farm is a breeding facility for fairytale horses

This really does not seem professional and is really off putting to me. And this is the first thing she writes about her farm...honestly, how can you take that seriously ?
It looks like a marketing tool to me. I don't take it seriously so it didn't effect me the way it did you.
Wallaby, Palomine and horselessmom like this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice - horse was shot and killed sarah wood Horse Health 28 01-22-2013 08:46 PM
That horse could've been killed... tempest Horse Talk 2 08-16-2009 09:02 PM
My horse killed a dog whitetrashwarmblood Horse Talk 30 05-27-2009 01:14 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0