Horse killed at CA's in TX? - Page 33 - The Horse Forum
 1492Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 408 Old 04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,132
• Horses: 0
This thread reminds me of the energizer bunny... just keeps going and going and going... and never brings up any different points, just the same things over and over.

NdAppy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #322 of 408 Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,051
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Here is the issue I have. There is NO proof that the horse would not have died even if he had stayed home in his stall fat and happy. That is a fact. Again, the COD is totally unknown. Blame cannot be placed since we simply DO NOT KNOW, which is apparently not acceptable to some folks. It will NEVER be known. Period.

Sorry you find me rude. I get a bit impatient when folks don't take the time to read (or understand) the facts and go off making ASSumptions and pointing fingers.
You are correct that we do not know what happened but it is a hot topic of conversation and it is common to read part and post not realizing that there are so many pages to follow.

I have been personally guilty of doing the same thing and when I read on I see that maybe that was covered. I have also skimmed over something and misunderstood or missed something when people type with out any line breakes.

When I see something I want to talk about I click on it then as I won't go back and look for it. I just think there could be plenty of opinions with out personal attacks and degrading people.

The way my phone auto corrects I am sure I sometimes sound like an idiot.
churumbeque is offline  
post #323 of 408 Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,051
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum View Post
Churumbeque, why the insistent head-hunt for CA? The horse died, he tried to make things good with the owner, the owner refused, and that's the end of it. Heck, the owner isn't even out for CA's blood like you are and it was her freaking horse! Give it a rest. As I said before, we're beating a dead horse here (again, no pun intended) and it's just getting ridiculously old. Nothing new is being added to the thread, it's being argued in circles, and, at this point, everything that can be said, has been.
Posted via Mobile Device
You are way out of touch. Just because I didn't like CA statement does not make it a head hunt. I though do not agree with leaving a horse unattended with it's head tied down as was stated somewhere in this thread.

Many people may also not know that Friesians do not do well in the heat, their hearts are not that strong and they lack stamina which in this type of training could cause way more stress to a horse like that then the average horse and attribute to its death.

Why are you not giving it a rest? You expect others that are passionate about the subject, but just do not share your point of view, not post about this but it is ok for you to?

So because I have an opinion that CA statement was un professional that is not a head hunt?
GotaDunQH and horselessmom like this.
churumbeque is offline  
post #324 of 408 Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,051
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
We don't have any idea what they were doing to the horse at the time. We've heard speculation and rumour but WE.DON'T.HAVE.ANY.IDEA.
None of us were there and it sounds like no one at the ranch was there either so we are just posting about what we have read.
churumbeque is offline  
post #325 of 408 Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NW Oregon
Posts: 2,356
• Horses: 0
I suggest we with a wit simply quit adding to this.

If some continue to blather about that which they do not know, well, blather on.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, it's because your tactics suck. ~ Marine 1SGT J. Reifinger
Dustbunny is offline  
post #326 of 408 Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: On the golden coast of Michigan
Posts: 918
• Horses: 3
I don't/can't buy it.

I don't think I've ever heard of something like this happening and I would like to see more proof if there is any.

For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
TheAQHAGirl is offline  
post #327 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stroudsburg, Pa
Posts: 984
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by churumbeque View Post
You are way out of touch. Just because I didn't like CA statement does not make it a head hunt. I though do not agree with leaving a horse unattended with it's head tied down as was stated somewhere in this thread.

Many people may also not know that Friesians do not do well in the heat, their hearts are not that strong and they lack stamina which in this type of training could cause way more stress to a horse like that then the average horse and attribute to its death.

Why are you not giving it a rest? You expect others that are passionate about the subject, but just do not share your point of view, not post about this but it is ok for you to?

So because I have an opinion that CA statement was un professional that is not a head hunt?
In response to the bolded part, I know MANY people who own, breed and show friesians and I have NEVER heard this.
Posted via Mobile Device
kassierae is offline  
post #328 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,051
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassierae View Post
In response to the bolded part, I know MANY people who own, breed and show friesians and I have NEVER heard this.
Posted via Mobile Device
you won't see them in a sport that takes a lot of stamina like endurance, cross country comp. And such. . They also prefer cold weather to hot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by churumbeque; 04-02-2013 at 12:53 AM.
churumbeque is offline  
post #329 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,051
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassierae View Post
In response to the bolded part, I know MANY people who own, breed and show friesians and I have NEVER heard this.
Posted via Mobile Device
if you do a search on Friesians and stamina there are plenty of articles on it on the internet.
Posted via Mobile Device
churumbeque is offline  
post #330 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,403
• Horses: 0
I think this thread is better of closed...

I may seem small, but if you mess with my horse, I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.
horsecrazygirl is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice - horse was shot and killed sarah wood Horse Health 28 01-22-2013 09:46 PM
That horse could've been killed... tempest Horse Talk 2 08-16-2009 10:02 PM
My horse killed a dog whitetrashwarmblood Horse Talk 30 05-27-2009 02:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome