Horse killed at CA's in TX? - Page 35 - The Horse Forum
 1492Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #341 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,219
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiethepalomino View Post
woah!! I never knew clinton anderson was that cruel! I would never let him near my horse! Someone should do an undercover investigation of his ranch.

** ... O .......... M ........... G .............

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #342 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,958
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
** ... O .......... M ........... G .............
Yeah... i kinda did a and then I went to because I didn't know what else to do.

Stop for a minute, open your mind, learn. You may not agree with what I say, I may not agree with what you say but we will both learn something new.
Maple is offline  
post #343 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,219
• Horses: 5
People will believe ANYTHING .. it's on the internet, ya know!

Come join us on the Texas Horse Friends thread.http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk...riends-125927/
texasgal is offline  
post #344 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,083
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple View Post
Yeah... i kinda did a and then I went to because I didn't know what else to do.
I just figured that it was a belated April Fools.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #345 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 460
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
** ... O .......... M ........... G .............
I'm late aren't I? Rofl I should've read all of the posts before replying but I was busy.

°*°~A canter is the cure for every evil~°*°
LouieThePalomino is offline  
post #346 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,083
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieThePalomino View Post
I'm late aren't I? Rofl I should've read all of the posts before replying but I was busy.

if you were to busy to read, perhaps you should have been too busy to post.....
wausuaw, doubleopi, Maple and 5 others like this.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #347 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,193
• Horses: 0
I wonder where the idea that the horse was tied out to graze started, by confession of CA staff, the owner, or the owner's friend. I can't see why there would need or desire to tie a horse out to graze at CA. This doesn't make sense. Something's fishy here.
Saddlebag is offline  
post #348 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Cat
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South of No-where
Posts: 2,693
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebag View Post
I wonder where the idea that the horse was tied out to graze started, by confession of CA staff, the owner, or the owner's friend. I can't see why there would need or desire to tie a horse out to graze at CA. This doesn't make sense. Something's fishy here.

I believe the owner claimed CA told her he was tied low on her FB page.

All I pay my psychiatrist is cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day!

Cat is offline  
post #349 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Some times Llanelian - North wales, sometimes Hull in East Yorkshire (UK)
Posts: 3,679
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Finch View Post
Hmmm...we only have his word that there was no struggle. It is awfully rare that a horse, while at rest, suddenly just drops dead. I doubt CA is giving the owner the straight facts but, we will never know.
Nope not rare at all, it happens, horses have heart attacks, anurisms and ruptured diaphragms, heck a pony can break its neck in a field.

I've had it happen to me. Pony fine in his field at 11am, dead by 3pm checks. No signs of struggle or thrashing (and on a wet day in a muddy field so you would have seen it). Pony had won at a major county show 3 days previously.
He had ruptured his diaphragm possibly when he lay down to roll, vet reckons it was a weakness that he probably had all his life and it just chose that moment to give. Why it gave then is a mystery.

I will add Friesians are well known for being very inbred and having LOTS of associated health conditions. Aortic anurisms happens to be one of them.

Heck Reeco nearly died during his training. He came exactly 2 inches from death (I Know because I measured it). When retraining dangerous horses sometimes things go wrong. With Reeco that was the first time we did his girth up, he bolted blind, head first into a wall, knocked a brick out of the wall and fractured his skull. There were no warning signs, no tensing up he just went.
2 inches from where his head met the wall there was a bolt sticking out at least 4" which would have pierced his skull and killed him instantly had he hit that and not the wall.

I dont know CA, I havnt knowingly used any of his techniques but as a realistic owner of a problem horse that went through retraining (and for the record I spent the equivalent of $6000 on retraining him) I would not judge him without having been there and seen what happened.

I am realistic enough to know that retraining problem horses is not rainbows and butterflys. Heck my lads trainer sat me down and told me that the technique she was about to use on him was an absolute last resort and that if it went badly wrong it could result in a broken neck. It didnt go wrong due to her and her teams skilled use of it and it did solve his problem.

CA's boot camp sounds to me like a last resort for problem or dangerous horses. There is more potential for things to go wrong when horses have gotten to that stage.

My trainer was happy enough for me to watch however she did not want a group turning up on the yard, you would have to fit in round the horses training and no you wouldnt be given a guided tour or individual attention.

RIDE your horse FORWARDS and keep him STRAIGHT

faye is offline  
post #350 of 408 Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: On the golden coast of Michigan
Posts: 918
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
People will believe ANYTHING .. it's on the internet, ya know!

....
Again I feel like this is a huge exaggeration. Clinton didn't kill any horse. The horse was spoiled and turned into a dangerous horse that would have most likely killed someone. Its not like Clinton took a carrot stick (whatever it is he calls it) and beat the horse to death.

I completely agree with EHOD.
texasgal, EliRose and CronesHubby like this.

For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
TheAQHAGirl is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice - horse was shot and killed sarah wood Horse Health 28 01-22-2013 08:46 PM
That horse could've been killed... tempest Horse Talk 2 08-16-2009 09:02 PM
My horse killed a dog whitetrashwarmblood Horse Talk 30 05-27-2009 01:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome