Pat or Clint - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Trainers

Pat or Clint

This is a discussion on Pat or Clint within the Horse Trainers forums, part of the Training Horses category

    Like Tree427Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-30-2013, 01:20 PM
      #11
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wanstrom Horses    
    Simple. He can't ride a stick horse to the well, he plows around on his horse's face like a caveman, he markets trick training under horsemanship and MANY of the horses trained with his methods are cranky and disrespectful...
    well you can't ride a stick horse rather it looks like you can't even tell what a horse is
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-30-2013, 01:21 PM
      #12
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikyplushbreyer    
    well you can't ride a stick horse rather it looks like you can't even tell what a horse is
    srry I wasn't btrying to be mean
         
        01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikyplushbreyer    
    well you can't ride a stick horse rather it looks like you can't even tell what a horse is
    Um.. I've been riding horses my entire life, and training professionally for quite a few years now. I work for ranches and spend every waking hour in the saddle. From night calving all night, to day working, to riding colts for people. I can ride, and if you ride bridle horses, you must be able to ride and have very light hands. So your immature comment is pretty incorrect in my book, but if you want to follow a guy with bad hands and poor riding ability, be my guest...
    smrobs, nrhareiner, NdAppy and 7 others like this.
         
        01-30-2013, 02:45 PM
      #14
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikyplushbreyer    
    well you can't ride a stick horse rather it looks like you can't even tell what a horse is

    Not sure where this came from. What Wanstrom stated about PP is correct. He can not ride to save his live. His hands are like a brick on the end of the reins. He pulls his horses around like a tow truck. Now if you want a trick trained horse. He's your guy.
         
        01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wanstrom Horses    
    Um.. I've been riding horses my entire life, and training professionally for quite a few years now. I work for ranches and spend every waking hour in the saddle. From night calving all night, to day working, to riding colts for people. I can ride, and if you ride bridle horses, you must be able to ride and have very light hands. So your immature comment is pretty incorrect in my book, but if you want to follow a guy with bad hands and poor riding ability, be my guest...
    ill have you know that from the training from PP he has taught me to ride at a gallop with no bridal or saddle and be able to stop my horse with just my hands . And I am sorry for getting mad at you no hard feelings
    Nokotaheaven likes this.
         
        01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
      #16
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Padrona    
    Pat. He did work my horse and did an absolutely amazing job with her. I was mesmerized watching him with her. He was firm when he had to be, but compassionate and tactful. I would be honored any day of the week to turn any of my hoses over to Pat.
    I am going to save that picture! It's amazing
         
        01-30-2013, 04:18 PM
      #17
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikyplushbreyer    
    ill have you know that from the training from PP he has taught me to ride at a gallop with no bridal or saddle and be able to stop my horse with just my hands . And I am sorry for getting mad at you no hard feelings
    See that is the problem. You should not need your hands to get a horse to stop.

    As for the other part. Ya? Not sure how big a deal that is. It is what you do with the horse while doing all that.

    This is the way I look at it. Riding with out a saddle or bridle is basically the end result of good training if you put that into actually doing something past loping around. IE what Stacy did. Past that it is nothing more then trick riding. Same as you would see in the circus.
         
        01-30-2013, 04:24 PM
      #18
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nrhareiner    
    See that is the problem. You should not need your hands to get a horse to stop.

    As for the other part. Ya? Not sure how big a deal that is. It is what you do with the horse while doing all that.

    This is the way I look at it. Riding with out a saddle or bridle is basically the end result of good training if you put that into actually doing something past loping around. IE what Stacy did. Past that it is nothing more then trick riding. Same as you would see in the circus.
    ... This is all I have to say.. Btw, notice how he likes to exaggerate? He does that whenever he's teaching someone. I know because we do it too to explain things better.

    frizzy likes this.
         
        01-30-2013, 04:24 PM
      #19
    Started
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcXcbXA9oVk
         
        01-30-2013, 04:31 PM
      #20
    Trained
    The way I see it is that we all use are horses for different things, we also all learn differently. Just because you don't like a particular method does not mean it doesnt work for someone else, or it wont help someone else. I really like CA, but I don't 'follow' him exclusively bc I event, he obviously does not ! That doesnt mean I havent learned anything from him, but he can't teach me everything.

    Luckily there is more than one trainer in the world and we can pick who we want to follow.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Clint Anderson DVD's mistygirl Horse Training 0 02-14-2011 01:05 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0