Thursday the farrier will be coming up to do corrective shoeing, already I know this isnt going to be a perminate fix. I was thinking already knowing this, I could get the shoes on her and sell her as a light dressage horse, or a good trail horse, or even a horse a lesson program could use to give kids lunge lessons, and actually get some money for her. I want to jump, and even though im not 100% sure [im going to ask] I don't think she would be able to jump again at least not very high. Which I want to go into hunter/jumpers. I AM willing to switch displines for her if she is able to stay sound.. but I know I will always have the itch to jump her. Chance is 14.3-15H [depending on that days :P] Im 5'3 I am a bit big for her aswell.
Another option is to get the shoes put on her, put her back into work.. start working on her training again and just hope to god she doesn't damage anything worse while going back into training. Pay for injections if she needs them if the shoes isn't enough then wait till she's sound again then put her back into work and again hope she stays sound.. and if all else fails she goes out as a pasture pet. She's only 6 so I ccant believe this mare is going through that.
For some reason I feel like I was always ment to sell her and pass her on to a family that will enjoy her and this is just forcing it. She's a GREAT mare, a barn favorite. Everyone will comment on how well mannered/sweet she is. Which is great :) Im proud of what I've done with her.
I love her to death, she's my whole world but Im trying to see whats best for her. Im attached to her like no other horse, I've had her since she was 4 1/2. Im training 4 other horses on top of caring for her and its not the same feeling I use to get when I rode Chance and I miss it so much. .
On top of all that I've already paid $1000 in vet bills.....