Bit question - Page 3

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Bit question

This is a discussion on Bit question within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-17-2007, 04:06 AM
    They go beside the cheek but I didn't think they were bit guards!!!
    Sponsored Links
        05-03-2007, 09:16 AM

    Is it this?

    Its a wilson bit- mainly for driving but people at my yard have used it on horses that need more control or are very wooded in the mouth.

    We all called it a four ring snaffle, there are many different varietys with rollers etc.

    Elz x
        05-03-2007, 09:18 AM
    Sorry the inside ring is used to attach the cheek pieces too, and the outside ring for the reins, you can do it the other way around if the horse is very strong as it has a squeezing effect on the cheeks as a stronger contact is taken up.

    Elz x
        05-03-2007, 01:16 PM
    Thanks hsharp123. That is the bit exactly. I have been to the barn a few times and keep forgetting my camera. I can now let my barn manager know and my farrier (she didn't know either!). Thanks again
        05-03-2007, 02:30 PM
    Thats ok hun! We all had the same trouble when our yard owner pulled one out for my friends horse in her lesson, we didnt have a clue how to even put it on! Lol

    Elz x
        05-03-2007, 02:43 PM
    Lol...that's cool to know the mystery bit has been solved

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:


    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0