1. What bit type do you personally think is the best? (Be as specific as you'd like)
- Snaffle, single jointed or french link.
2. Why do you think this?
- Its the most universal, if someone was to say I could only have one bit for the rest of my life it would be a snaffle, good for starting and working with finished horses in english...western and so on.
3. Do you find that it helps control your horse better, especially if your horse is particularly free spirited?
Nope, I have a very free spirited horse as well. With my horse all my control comes from my mind set, how I respond to how he is acting, body cues and exercises.
4. Do you think you're horse is comfortable in this bit?
- Not his favorite bit, but I like to believe he is very comfortable.
5. Do you use metals with flavors for your horse? If yes, which?
- I have not noticed a difference with my horse, but a few I have rode are softer in bits with cooper in them.
6. Which aspects do you think are most influential when deciding which bit is best?
- How it fits the horses mouth, horses preference and personality.
7. Do you find this bit easy to use?
8. What is the best aspect of your favorite bit?
- Its diversity, it can be used on any well trained horse in any discipline.
Read more: Bit Type Survey For College Student Research- All welcome!