1. What bit type do you personally think is the best? (Be as specific as you'd like)
Any snaffle. I personally have a eggbutt snaffle with a copper mouth piece on my horse's bridle
2. Why do you think this?
Every horse I have ever ridden could be ridden with a snaffle. No digging for different bridles/bits. Plus its generally safe for beginners.
3. Do you find that it helps control your horse better, especially if your horse is particularly free spirited?
If my horse is being "particularly free spirited" I"ll do stuff completely unrelated to pulling her mouth around as it does nothing but start a pulling war. So no, I don't feel this bit helps me control my horse any more than just riding in a halter.
4. Do you think you're horse is comfortable in this bit?
As far as I can tell, yes.
5. Do you use metals with flavors for your horse? If yes, which?
Not flavored exactly, but I have a copper mouth piece. I was told to get a copper mouth piece so the horse salivates more, therefore relaxing their jaw and accepting the bit better and responding softer. Since the bit doesn't bother her I decided to not bother changing it after realizing the flaw in that thinking.
6. Which aspects do you think are most influential when deciding which bit is best?
The level of the horses training and the riders. Mostly the rider's training. Seen way to many horses that were perfectly fine in curbs go bad from those who don't understand the bit.
7. Do you find this bit easy to use?
As easy as every other bit to use correctly.
8. What is the best aspect of your favorite bit?
Both my horse and I are good with it and will never need another bit.