Draw rein help? - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 57 Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida, GA line
Posts: 1,249
• Horses: 2
Oh snap...
lacyloo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 57 Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlopin View Post
I know how to school and teach a horse I have been doing this forever!
I assume your forever is the grand total of ...how many years on this planet?
Spyder is offline  
post #13 of 57 Old 07-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,143
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
I assume your forever is the grand total of ...how many years on this planet?
It's not worth it, imo. She clearly knows everything about how to correctly use draw reins. Except how to fit them to the horse... but that's not important, of course. Details, details! :roll:


EQUILOVE
Equilove is offline  
post #14 of 57 Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilove View Post
It's not worth it, imo. She clearly knows everything about how to correctly use draw reins. Except how to fit them to the horse... but that's not important, of course. Details, details! :roll:
I can only assume that the OP boards in a place where the horse is brought out fully tacked and groomed and that is why they don't know how to correctly put on the tack they have been using forever and forever.
Spyder is offline  
post #15 of 57 Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,143
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
I can only assume that the OP boards in a place where the horse is brought out fully tacked and groomed and that is why they don't know how to correctly put on the tack they have been using forever and forever.
What a grand place. I would love to arrive to a fully groomed, tacked, and warmed up horse (since a horse needs to be properly warmed up before even attaching the draw reins).


EQUILOVE
Equilove is offline  
post #16 of 57 Old 07-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 21,169
• Horses: 7
While I think OP was quick to take on an attitude regarding the "anti-draw rein" discussion, I have to say the first several times I used draw reins my trainer brought them out into the ring. She put them on while I was on my horse because she wanted me to "feel" the movement. So when I bought a set and went to put them on the first time, I wasn't quite sure. Took me a minute to figure it out.

"Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy"
farmpony84 is offline  
post #17 of 57 Old 07-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,510
• Horses: 2
OP, as politely as possible, do you not understand/realize how it sounds when you claim you've been "training forever" and "used draw reins a million times" and yet you don't remember how to even put them on?

Quote:
I hope God tells her to smash her computer with a sledgehammer.


Last edited by Mike_Admin; 07-21-2011 at 06:35 AM.
MacabreMikolaj is offline  
post #18 of 57 Old 07-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 37,489
• Horses: 2
I saddled a horse western many, many times. Then after years riding english, I forgot how to do the western latigo. I had to ask to be shown. People forget. That is just the way it is. Ever forget a phone number you have used a thousand times?
tinyliny is offline  
post #19 of 57 Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 37,489
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
I can only assume that the OP boards in a place where the horse is brought out fully tacked and groomed and that is why they don't know how to correctly put on the tack they have been using forever and forever.

That is a pretty big assumption.
tinyliny is offline  
post #20 of 57 Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,772
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyliny View Post
I saddled a horse western many, many times. Then after years riding english, I forgot how to do the western latigo. I had to ask to be shown. People forget. That is just the way it is. Ever forget a phone number you have used a thousand times?

Personally, it wasn't the OP that bothered me. It was the holier-than-thou, snarky responses that followed.


The lovely images above provided by CVLC Photography cvlphotography.com
JustDressageIt is offline  
Reply

Tags
draw , reins , tacking

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One Rein Stop vs. Pulley Rein Ferhoodled Horse Riding 22 11-28-2015 11:58 AM
"Tight" outside rein, loose inside rein Gilly English Riding 2 06-08-2011 11:03 AM
i love to draw!! will draw horse for you!! mistygirl Horse Artwork 13 06-11-2010 11:29 PM
Hi From Outside Rein Mountain Girl Meet the Community 4 10-25-2009 03:50 PM
Draw Rein? washington_rodeo_queen Horse Tack and Equipment 5 03-27-2008 01:50 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome