Drifting ? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Drifting ?

This is a discussion on Drifting ? within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
  #11
Trained
Spinning around the middle would be when both the front and hind quarters are turning and the middle of the horse is the "pivot" instead of the hindquarters or forequarters.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
  #12
Trained
Oh! My fault, read it wrong. I thought she said that the spin wasn't a haunch turn. Had me thrown for a minute.

I will be sure to try all of your suggestions ^^
     
    05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
  #13
Foal
If I am not mistaken, a spin is different from a true turn on the haunches as the former the horse 'pivots' off one hind leg where as the turn on haunches requires the horse to keep all feet moving, or that the hind feet are actually traveling on a very small circle.

Please correct me if that is wrong : )
     
    05-17-2010, 06:34 PM
  #14
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiningTrainer    
If I am not mistaken, a spin is different from a true turn on the haunches as the former the horse 'pivots' off one hind leg where as the turn on haunches requires the horse to keep all feet moving, or that the hind feet are actually traveling on a very small circle.

Please correct me if that is wrong : )
As I have learned, a spin is a fast turn on the haunches - a pivot around one point. The pirouette, however, is where the hind legs travel on a very small circle.
However, this could be a difference in terminology from english to western.
     
    05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
  #15
Trained
I was always taught that too, JustDressageIt.

And just an update, I tried your suggestions today with Gringo and DAY-UM there's a differance. Thanks, he's setting himself up really well now and acting like a docile gelding instead of the hot-head stud horse.
     
    05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
  #16
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorrelHorse    
I was always taught that too, JustDressageIt.

And just an update, I tried your suggestions today with Gringo and DAY-UM there's a differance. Thanks, he's setting himself up really well now and acting like a docile gelding instead of the hot-head stud horse.
That's great!!!
     
    05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
  #17
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
As I have learned, a spin is a fast turn on the haunches - a pivot around one point. The pirouette, however, is where the hind legs travel on a very small circle.
However, this could be a difference in terminology from english to western.

Ahhh, yes, as I was thinking about it I wondered if I was thinking of a pirouette. Thank you.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0