Exercising Other Peoples Horses - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Exercising Other Peoples Horses

This is a discussion on Exercising Other Peoples Horses within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category

    Like Tree70Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
      #31
    Showing
    As long as you stay safe and aren't afraid to use the word "no" when someone presents you with a dangerous situation, this could be a great learning experience for you to secure some ride time on other horses.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
      #32
    Green Broke
    I'm sorry but the threads you do on your problems with horse you own, and the experiences you so blithely dismiss, getting run through fence, bucked off, reared with, to me say you don't know what you are doing, if you haven't been hurt up to this point? It's because you've been lucky, not because you are skilled.

    Couple that with the fact that to every post pointing out the truth, you have come back with bravado is very telling as to your actual skills.

    And if you think that people must think you are a "trainer" or good enough that they are eager for you to ride their horses? Tells me they are fools too.

    Many people will be glad to get some kid like you who is foolish enough to get on wild, unbroke horses, or problem ones, because they don't want to themselves.

    A responsible owner, one with any sense at all, would not be responding to an ad by you, or anyone like you. It just would not happen.

    What you are getting is the bottom of the barrel, people who don't want to pay the money to have someone work with their horse.

    And just because a "trainer" came out and judged you safe? I know off the top of my head, 20 people in 3 counties that go around and advertise themselves as trainers to all who will listen, but the good horsepeople? We just shake our heads and laugh.

    These trainers are only trainers in their minds. No one elses.

    And I would be very suspicious of any man that is answering your ad too, as that is good way to end up on Missing presumed dead poster.

    Adults have that happen all the time, because they placed ad to sell TV, or answered one. And I can't believe your parents okayed this.

    Maybe you will be a great trainer someday. But you are going to have hard row making it without a mentor, and without working up under good trainers. And be hard to get customers who will pay the big money to buy horses to compete at the top, without you being known as an assistant to someone who is valued.
    Kayty, maura, COWCHICK77 and 4 others like this.
         
        04-01-2013, 07:25 PM
      #33
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexS    
    No offense to you, but I think the herd bound horse needs a professional trainer. Rather than 2 teenagers trying to muddle through it together.
    Sounds like most, if not all, of the horses described may need a professional...
    AlexS and AllieJ333 like this.
         
        04-01-2013, 07:30 PM
      #34
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palomine    
    I'm sorry but the threads you do on your problems with horse you own, and the experiences you so blithely dismiss, getting run through fence, bucked off, reared with, to me say you don't know what you are doing, if you haven't been hurt up to this point? It's because you've been lucky, not because you are skilled.

    Couple that with the fact that to every post pointing out the truth, you have come back with bravado is very telling as to your actual skills.

    And if you think that people must think you are a "trainer" or good enough that they are eager for you to ride their horses? Tells me they are fools too.

    Many people will be glad to get some kid like you who is foolish enough to get on wild, unbroke horses, or problem ones, because they don't want to themselves.

    A responsible owner, one with any sense at all, would not be responding to an ad by you, or anyone like you. It just would not happen.

    What you are getting is the bottom of the barrel, people who don't want to pay the money to have someone work with their horse.

    And just because a "trainer" came out and judged you safe? I know off the top of my head, 20 people in 3 counties that go around and advertise themselves as trainers to all who will listen, but the good horsepeople? We just shake our heads and laugh.

    These trainers are only trainers in their minds. No one elses.

    And I would be very suspicious of any man that is answering your ad too, as that is good way to end up on Missing presumed dead poster.

    Adults have that happen all the time, because they placed ad to sell TV, or answered one. And I can't believe your parents okayed this.

    Maybe you will be a great trainer someday. But you are going to have hard row making it without a mentor, and without working up under good trainers. And be hard to get customers who will pay the big money to buy horses to compete at the top, without you being known as an assistant to someone who is valued.

    First off, YOU DO NOT KNOW ME, you cannot say what you just said and have it be true for the most part, because, yes, I HAVE MADE MISTAKES, but I have fixed them and it is all better now.

    My parents know me better then you (a lot, you have never met me, or seen me work with horses) and yes, they said I should do it, they said I should even start a little business working with and yes, TRAINING peoples horses for them.

    And I would not be talking like that, because we all had to start somewhere.

    What are you saying, I should sell my horse and forget about even looking at another one? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

    As for tbcrazy, I have made up my mind on excersizing horses, but I am still looking for advice on whether or not I should get the free horse, if everything goes as planned, I am listening to you guys about the this, I am listening to what you have to say, and the reasons behind getting or not getting it.
         
        04-01-2013, 07:37 PM
      #35
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Breezy2011    
    My parents know me better then you (a lot, you have never met me, or seen me work with horses) and yes, they said I should do it, they said I should even start a little business working with and yes, TRAINING peoples horses for them.
    See, the bolded is what people have problems with. I think it's great that you want to learn from other horses and give them some miles in the saddle, but to claim that you're capable of training these unhandled horses has us concerned. No, we don't know you personally, and we have only what you've described in other threads to go on. Your questions are not that of a trainer, and advertising yourself as such could get you hurt very easily.

    If you truly wish to pursue training, you need to find a qualified trainer (with proven records, not just a friend down the street that has a few horses) to apprentice under.
         
        04-01-2013, 07:39 PM
      #36
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Breezy2011    

    What are you saying, I should sell my horse and forget about even looking at another one? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

    As for tbcrazy, I have made up my mind on excersizing horses, but I am still looking for advice on whether or not I should get the free horse, if everything goes as planned, I am listening to you guys about the this, I am listening to what you have to say, and the reasons behind getting or not getting it.
    I will reiterate- NO ONE said you should sell your horse. We merely said be careful, and don't try to tackle the free horse on your own. I see more reasons not to get it than to get it.
         
        04-01-2013, 07:40 PM
      #37
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    See, the bolded is what people have problems with. I think it's great that you want to learn from other horses and give them some miles in the saddle, but to claim that you're capable of training these unhandled horses has us concerned. No, we don't know you personally, and we have only what you've described in other threads to go on. Your questions are not that of a trainer, and advertising yourself as such could get you hurt very easily.

    If you truly wish to pursue training, you need to find a qualified trainer (with proven records, not just a friend down the street that has a few horses) to apprentice under.
    Beautifully worded, Equiniphile!
         
        04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
      #38
    Yearling
    Also, may I add, this thread was not started to bash my skills, it was started to get advice on gaited horses, and if I should get the free horse is everything works out with the farm.

    Please do not critisize my capabilities, because you don't know me, you have never seen me work with or around horses or anything, so non of you really know what I can and can't do, just by reading the threads I posted about a problem with my filly, because in reality, it is not as bad as it seems.

    To me, IMO, the people on the forum, takes things harder then it is, they bash people, tell people that it is wrong to do something, or anything that they can critisize, believe me, people will.
         
        04-01-2013, 07:44 PM
      #39
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    See, the bolded is what people have problems with. I think it's great that you want to learn from other horses and give them some miles in the saddle, but to claim that you're capable of training these unhandled horses has us concerned. No, we don't know you personally, and we have only what you've described in other threads to go on. Your questions are not that of a trainer, and advertising yourself as such could get you hurt very easily.

    If you truly wish to pursue training, you need to find a qualified trainer (with proven records, not just a friend down the street that has a few horses) to apprentice under.
    In my ad, I said directly, in its own little paragraph, I am not a trainer.

    What you bolded there, I was saying, this is what my parents said I should do, not me, I don't think I am ready to take on horses that are not my own, to train from ground up. I think I am ready to start my own, like I have been doing, but not other peoples.

    I never said I am wanting to take on a role as a trainer, I simply said, I want to ride horses for other people.
         
        04-01-2013, 07:46 PM
      #40
    Yearling
    I am also not just getting a friend down the road to to help me, she is helping me, but like I also said in other posts, a pro. Trainer down the road (qualified trainer, breeder, shower, gives lessons and boards horses) is also going to give me lessons when I can go down there.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Treat training horses.What are peoples opinions / thoughts. Newfie Horse Training 96 01-29-2013 08:12 AM
    Keeping horses warm in winter (exercising!) HollyBubbles Horse Talk 4 08-08-2012 05:07 AM
    Exercising horses :] BarrelracingArabian Horse Talk 5 04-13-2010 09:39 PM
    Insalting other peoples horses eventerwannabe Horse Talk 58 10-07-2009 08:59 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0