Gahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Gahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Gahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Annie gillian model
  • Horse throw up

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-22-2010, 07:50 PM
  #11
Showing
Reminds me of another person who someone posted on here. She doesn't ride her horses, she owns a lot and keeps them all stalled at night, in pasture doing nothing during the day....believed riding was horrible.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-22-2010, 07:51 PM
  #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by equiniphile    
Reminds me of another person who someone posted on here. She doesn't ride her horses, she owns a lot and keeps them all stalled at night, in pasture doing nothing during the day....believed riding was horrible.
That annoys me, you get a horse to ride it, not let it sit there and do nothing like it's somehow free cause it never gets ridden.
     
    11-22-2010, 07:52 PM
  #13
Green Broke
Wow what a crazy LOL
     
    11-22-2010, 07:54 PM
  #14
Green Broke
Apparently everyone else thinks she's a little "off" too ;)
Annie Gillian's Photos - Equestrian "Sport" -- Is this you?

Photo 21 of 59 Back to Album Annie's Photos Annie's Profile

Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Annie will be asked to approve all tags before others can see them.





Yeah, I love how they use tie-downs, so the horse can't throw up his head for balance.

Add a caption
Yeah, I love how they use tie-downs, so the horse can't throw up his head for balance.







Added December 23, 2007
    • Shaelynn Scovil Some use them to keep a horse from whacking you in the nose, too. My friend's ex got a broken nose once from it May 7 at 4:14pm

    • Annie Gillian Serves them right..this is awful...so brutal, so thoughtless. May 7 at 8:44pm

    • Beth O'neill I use a tiedown for the horses safty and my own Saturday at 11:15pm

    • Annie Gillian If it's unsafe for both horse and human, then perhaps the activity needs to be rethought.
      Why endanger a creature we love? Yesterday at 3:40pm

    • Beth O'neill how is it unsafe for the horse and rider?? My horses love running barrels so don't go bashing the people that do this when you don't do it yourself for even know about the sport! 23 hours ago

    • Jennifer Ryan Okay, so I used to run barrels as well, and I have seen many wrecks over the years. Tie downs do not allow the horse to properly use their natural balance to keep from falling in certain situations. That alone endangers both horse and rid...er. I can go anywhere on the internet and find videos and photos of horses going down around turns, and right into barrels, over barrels, and riders going down under their horses. Horses ARE NOT MADE for these sports. They just aren't. People created these games, with no honest consideration for the horse's health. Falls damage horses beyond belief. Spinal injuries, tendons, necks, hips, etc. Sometimes the damage will not be immediately apparent, but if a horse has a backache, or a neck problem, that is similar to one you might have, they cannot tell you. It settles in, you comntinue training, the problem goes deeper, and you don't know it until one day your horse is lame and eventually is retired early because they can no longer run fast enough. This is not directed at you, but it is a sad and undeniable truth for so many horses.
      I do not speak from inexperience Beth. I have many, many years experience to draw from. I have seen it, I have lived it, and I have learned and left it all behind for what I now see as right.See More
      22 hours ago 1 personLoading...

    • Beth O'neill I agree the people that push their horses to the limit is not right and I don't. I don't make her do anythng she doesnt want to do. I can feel in the saddle when she is off balance just a little and I slow her down she tells me when I am asking to much and I respect her boundries. I don't go to practices and shows to win I do it to have fun with my horse. If we do a horrible run I don't care because we had fun if we didnt have a fast time I still thank her for the ride because we had fun. About an hour ago

    • Jennifer Ryan But have you ever really thought about what horses are born to do?
     
    11-22-2010, 07:54 PM
  #15
Green Broke
Im glad all of you can control yourselves not to post nasty comments back, I'll probably be posting some lengthy, well-written posts back >.> pfft asking about if she ever thought about what her horse was really born for *rolls eyes* Yeah, they're bred for us as companions and things along those lines, it's not like they're snagged off an imaginary range and forced to do things, ha.

-Edit-
Took too long to post lol, my bad :p
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    11-22-2010, 07:56 PM
  #16
Green Broke
I love that last comment...what were horses meant to do? Umm RUN!!! :)

Tell her to go join PETA
     
    11-22-2010, 07:58 PM
  #17
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofprints in the Sand    
Apparently everyone else thinks she's a little "off" too ;)
Annie Gillian's Photos - Equestrian "Sport" -- Is this you?

Photo 21 of 59 Back to Album Annie's Photos Annie's Profile

Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.
Annie will be asked to approve all tags before others can see them.





Yeah, I love how they use tie-downs, so the horse can't throw up his head for balance.

Add a caption
Yeah, I love how they use tie-downs, so the horse can't throw up his head for balance.







Added December 23, 2007
    • Shaelynn Scovil Some use them to keep a horse from whacking you in the nose, too. My friend's ex got a broken nose once from it May 7 at 4:14pm
    • Annie Gillian Serves them right..this is awful...so brutal, so thoughtless. May 7 at 8:44pm
    • Beth O'neill I use a tiedown for the horses safty and my own Saturday at 11:15pm
    • Annie Gillian If it's unsafe for both horse and human, then perhaps the activity needs to be rethought.
      Why endanger a creature we love? Yesterday at 3:40pm
    • Beth O'neill how is it unsafe for the horse and rider?? My horses love running barrels so don't go bashing the people that do this when you don't do it yourself for even know about the sport! 23 hours ago
    • Jennifer Ryan Okay, so I used to run barrels as well, and I have seen many wrecks over the years. Tie downs do not allow the horse to properly use their natural balance to keep from falling in certain situations. That alone endangers both horse and rid...er. I can go anywhere on the internet and find videos and photos of horses going down around turns, and right into barrels, over barrels, and riders going down under their horses. Horses ARE NOT MADE for these sports. They just aren't. People created these games, with no honest consideration for the horse's health. Falls damage horses beyond belief. Spinal injuries, tendons, necks, hips, etc. Sometimes the damage will not be immediately apparent, but if a horse has a backache, or a neck problem, that is similar to one you might have, they cannot tell you. It settles in, you comntinue training, the problem goes deeper, and you don't know it until one day your horse is lame and eventually is retired early because they can no longer run fast enough. This is not directed at you, but it is a sad and undeniable truth for so many horses.
      I do not speak from inexperience Beth. I have many, many years experience to draw from. I have seen it, I have lived it, and I have learned and left it all behind for what I now see as right.See More
      22 hours ago 1 personLoading...
    • Beth O'neill I agree the people that push their horses to the limit is not right and I don't. I don't make her do anythng she doesnt want to do. I can feel in the saddle when she is off balance just a little and I slow her down she tells me when I am asking to much and I respect her boundries. I don't go to practices and shows to win I do it to have fun with my horse. If we do a horrible run I don't care because we had fun if we didnt have a fast time I still thank her for the ride because we had fun. About an hour ago
    • Jennifer Ryan But have you ever really thought about what horses are born to do?
the top comment is mine so yeah, just blew my identity LOL but not like I care
     
    11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
  #18
Banned
Wow I think it's pathetic that they are freaking out at the horse's facial expressions. Oh god he opened his mouth, he want's free >.>
     
    11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
  #19
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofprints in the Sand    
I love that last comment...what were horses meant to do? Umm RUN!!! :)

Tell her to go join PETA

Like she needs to go overkill on more stupidity....
     
    11-22-2010, 08:01 PM
  #20
Green Broke
Here's another one...am I the only one who sees NOTHING wrong with this photo? Not to mention the horse is wearing protective boots and the rider is releasing enough to not even come close to hitting the horse in the mouth...but STILL she comes up with some crap to say about it...unbelievable lol...





All the horses weight plus the riders, is on one leg in this photo. Imagine doing that every day for 15 or 20 years. Talk about sore.

Add a caption
All the horses weight plus the riders, is on one leg in this photo. Imagine doing that every day for 15 or 20 years. Talk about sore.







Added December 23, 2007
    • Alla Podkopaeva You forgot to mention the slack in the reins. Obviously, this rider has very light contact, which is why the only thing that's stopping the horses mouth from being wrenched open in the fact that its strapped together by the lovely flash noseband. December 23, 2007 at 9:11pm Report

    • Annie Gillian Plus, the fact that bit guards are thought to be necessary to prevent sores and such???? How 'bout not yanking your horse about by his mouth? January 6, 2008 at 11:33pm Report

    • Jennifer Ryan Another "use" for bit guards is to keep the snaffle from pulling through the horse's mouth. November 7 at 11:39pm

     

Tags
dummy, nuts, rampage, rant, weird

« Weaving | Mickey »
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0