Help! Bucking when I ask to canter? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Help! Bucking when I ask to canter?

This is a discussion on Help! Bucking when I ask to canter? within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-17-2013, 10:01 PM
      #11
    Showing
    I think it's something to do with being bareback. Horses are fine the first time you try something but what if he decided to test you and you didn't pass so he decided to keep bucking, etc?

    Or it could be something not relating to his back.. but another area of his body.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-17-2013, 10:05 PM
      #12
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    I think it's something to do with being bareback. Horses are fine the first time you try something but what if he decided to test you and you didn't pass so he decided to keep bucking, etc?

    Or it could be something not relating to his back.. but another area of his body.
    I've ridden out his bucks every time he's done it, I haven't let him get away with it. I see what you're saying though.
    And do you think letting him have a break for a few days would be good?
         
        06-17-2013, 10:13 PM
      #13
    Showing
    He might need to feel the sting of a riding crop. Often that's all it takes. Sometimes just carrying one is enough.
         
        06-17-2013, 10:21 PM
      #14
    Showing
    It could be helpful or it may not be. It all depends on what is causing the bucking. Do you have an instructor or trainer that could try to ride the canter?
         
        06-17-2013, 11:24 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    Do you have an instructor or trainer that could try to ride the canter?
    I do not, however I can still ride the canter, I'd just like to know why he does it.
         
        06-17-2013, 11:27 PM
      #16
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ridingonrain    
    I do not, however I can still ride the canter, I'd just like to know why he does it.
    If he does it with someone more experienced, then it is probably likely to be a pain issue.
         

    Tags
    bareback, buck, bucking, horse, lungeing

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Help! My horse is bucking when I ask to canter! Dreamersrider Horse Training 8 06-19-2013 01:01 AM
    Bucking into canter charlottew English Riding 19 03-15-2012 11:35 PM
    Bucking when asked to canter! horsenaround123 Horse Training 14 06-30-2011 09:49 AM
    Bucking at the canter? equinesmitten Horse Riding 17 10-28-2010 12:01 AM
    Bucking when asked to canter? DoubleTheGreed Horse Training 4 08-14-2010 07:54 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0