I cant belive it!!!!!!! - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,641
• Horses: 0
oo sorry guys I forgot to add chance DID get her feet trimmed today and her shoes pulled. Her feet are just a little sensative. What I ment by gravel is just small rocks just go over them to get to the arena that's fine but I mostly ride on sand or grass.

I need to get chances coggins updated but over here its good for 3 years.

My old bo never did her teeth even those she said she got someone to do it. So we are getting it done soon.

I never checked her teeth before I got her because I didnt know how to tell that much. Im accually just learning that. And I know I trusted this woman and didnt get a vet check.

Picking up her feet problem.. I knew it was behavoral but some of it was due to having problems with the shoes and she was sore and just didnt want them touch, today she accually held them up for me to clean them pretty well. We are working on it. The farrier says who ever did her feet was very rough with her and didnt pay much attention to what they were doing.

Im not planning on showing her till 1 her coggins gets done and 2 she's trained pretty well to handle showing.
HorsesAreForever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greenville area / SC
Posts: 13,165
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsesAreForever
im not getting a new horse..??? And chance is a she :P

Coggins is good for 3 yrs


Well even if chance is 9 or 10 she acts a ton younger

But thanks :]
Sorry, but due to all the discoveries, it sounded like you recently got your horse and I often refer to horses in general as "he" so I apologise.

In most states a Coggins is out of date if it is older then a year. And to transport a horse across state lines most are required to be within 12 months and some within 6 months. I've never heard of a 3 year Coggins but I don't know where you are.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why I'm right.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


It's not always what you say but what they hear.
iridehorses is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 21,145
• Horses: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsesAreForever
im not getting a new horse..??? And chance is a she :P

Coggins is good for 3 yrs


Well even if chance is 9 or 10 she acts a ton younger

But thanks :]
Sorry, but due to all the discoveries, it sounded like you recently got your horse and I often refer to horses in general as "he" so I apologise.

In most states a Coggins is out of date if it is older then a year. And to transport a horse across state lines most are required to be within 12 months and some within 6 months. I've never heard of a 3 year Coggins but I don't know where you are.
I've never heard of a coggins being good for three years. You might want to double check that. As far as I know it has to be updated yearly. You can get a 3 year rabies....?
farmpony84 is offline  
post #14 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,883
• Horses: 0
I was curious about the coggins because just yesterday I learned that coggins are good for 6 months to 1 year.. and then to hear 3 years baffled me.

"The state of Maine requires a valid Coggins test every three years, however certain other destinations require proof of a valid 6 month test."
I got that from here here. Just scroll basically all the way down to the bottom.

Though I would personally get it done every year just to be on the safe side.

HAF, i'm sorry you found out you were lied to. That's got to be really hard, but that shouldn't change how you look at Chance. She's still your baby :)
I probably wouldn't jump her if your vet or farrier told you to lightly work her. Jumping will just add to the stress on her front feet. I'd stick to 90% walking and 10% trotting.. if that.

The vet told Tom and me to start lightly riding Gem.. as much as I want to walk for a few minutes and trot him, I hold back because if I go to fast, it might hurt him.. and I rather have a horse I can get on and walk, than not being able to get on a horse at all....
appylover31803 is offline  
post #15 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,284
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsesAreForever
I need to get chances coggins updated but over here its good for 3 years.
Over where?
G and K's Mom is offline  
post #16 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where ever i am.
Posts: 3,966
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANSAS_TWISTER
your old BO was scam artist, google her name and you will find out.
whats her old BOs name?

Gingerrrrr is offline  
post #17 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,284
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANSAS_TWISTER
your old BO was scam artist, google her name and you will find out.
whats her old BOs name?
Do you think it's wise to publicly post a third parties name? Could be construed as slander.
G and K's Mom is offline  
post #18 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where ever i am.
Posts: 3,966
• Horses: 2
I don't know she said that if you googled her name she was a scam artist, I just wanted to see if I recognized the name.

Gingerrrrr is offline  
post #19 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,883
• Horses: 0
Ginger, I don't think KT was telling us all to google her old BO's name.. only HAF.

It could get ugly if the old BO, or anyone that goes to her barn, or anyone related to her, finds out that she's being mad mouthed on a public forum.
appylover31803 is offline  
post #20 of 28 Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where ever i am.
Posts: 3,966
• Horses: 2
yeah I know she was probably talking to HAF but im kinda nosiee like that so I like to look anyways lol.

Gingerrrrr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome