These few Questions are about my Thoroughbred Mare Lady
1. Are Thoroughbreds trots usually real rough? I can post trot but I swear im going to give myself a black eye one of these days while everything is bouncing while trotting on her.
2. HOW CAN I GET HER TO STOP?! Ok she is an ex race horse. We start galloping and its real hard to make her stop I can pull back full force I know that's bad but she will not stop at all and I don't want to hurt her but if I can't make her stop she will hurt us both!
3. She only gallops by the ditch I guess because of the ditch trail looking like a race track.. but I can't get her to just walk she immediately goes to trotting then galloping. Am I using the wrong bit for her? I use I think its a snaffle bit.. the one that just bends in the middle so when you try to stop her it breaks in the middle..
These are about my QH cross
1. We are begining training on him you can saddle him up and everything but he is real spooked. He rides fine as long as he is with lady and I but as soon as we are out of sight he will freeze and spook by any sound what can I do to help with that?
2. He is always trying to eat he will stop anywhere and try bending down to eat. Then when you try to make him go forward or pull his head up he starts pawing the ground or rears a bit so he can eat. HE IS NOT BEING STARVED HE ALWAYS HAS FOOD!
That's all for now. Someone please help me