Lunge Reins *video* - Page 3 - The Horse Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,641
• Horses: 0
Im at a parelli related barn, so idk if they would know anything about the driving your talking about.. I have taught Chance to drive, SO if I could see a video I could learn how to do it myself :) Im looking at all my options and right now I want to try what spyder suggested with the 2 lunge lines. But what you are suggesting would be fun to try!


But a week ago we were just doing the parelli games etc and she's use to being lazy and not moving forward cause it wasnt part of the 'program' so this is the best she's been since we dropped it. She's not use to useing those muscles so im gradually going to keep asking for more forward movement so she doesnt get sore quickly. But seeing that everyone is just suggesting normal side reins I might ask my BO if she has any around.. I know she has elastic reins.. o.O not that it matters lol


And its not the lunging system. It is similar just has no back pully thing. Lol! Love my descriptions :P

Last edited by HorsesAreForever; 01-24-2010 at 08:55 PM.
HorsesAreForever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 289
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Too bad your eyesight is that bad for in that picture it is obvious and can be seen by me and I have a lot of age on you. Maybe a eye doctor is in your future?
I'm sorry, don't assume that my computer screen is big...or if it's new. It's still small either way and I'd rather not strain my eyes. I see the general outline but would perfer to be able to see fine details.


Quote:
Also a horse built downhill and a horse being hollow are two totally different things.
Never said they were the same

Quote:
One more thing....I judge by what I see in FRONT of me. We were asked to look at this video....not other pictures that may have been posted.
So by saying that she doesn't look swayed back in other pictures (ruling out that option) is not "politically correct" even though I was ruling out a reason why her back might look hollowed? Strange.

Quote:
Sonny Whimps...your "other" side is showing.
:roll: you have every right to believe that I'm "Sonny Whimps" but I am not and I do not have to pretend that I care. I am not that person and if you want go ahead and believe that...it changes me not.



I just can't see (even with using imagination) how Vienna Lunge Reins can help a horse round their back
SavvyHearts is offline  
post #23 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,641
• Horses: 0
Im at a parelli related barn, so idk if they would know anything about the driving your talking about.. I have taught Chance to drive, SO if I could see a video I could learn how to do it myself :) Im looking at all my options and right now I want to try what spyder suggested with the 2 lunge lines. But what you are suggesting would be fun to try!


But a week ago we were just doing the parelli games etc and she's use to being lazy and not moving forward cause it wasnt part of the 'program' so this is the best she's been since we dropped it. She's not use to useing those muscles so im gradually going to keep asking for more forward movement so she doesnt get sore quickly. But seeing that everyone is just suggesting normal side reins I might ask my BO if she has any around.. I know she has elastic reins.. o.O not that it matters lol


And its not the lunging system. It is similar just has no back pully thing. Lol! Love my descriptions :P


Edit: Whoops didnt realize the other one posted.
HorsesAreForever is offline  
post #24 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,324
• Horses: 0
Hmm, I guess Arie will never "use himself correctly" since I don't lunge him with straps on his face and I follow Parelli....interesting....so I guess the floating trot I feel under saddle, with his back engaged, is just a fluke. That dang horse, he pulled one over on me! Lol!
Spirithorse is offline  
post #25 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,510
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirithorse View Post
Hmm, I guess Arie will never "use himself correctly" since I don't lunge him with straps on his face and I follow Parelli....interesting....so I guess the floating trot I feel under saddle, with his back engaged, is just a fluke. That dang horse, he pulled one over on me! Lol!
It's cute how just because someone doesn't agree with must automatically mean they think you're wrong to. I fail completely and entirely to locate the part where someone said obtaining those things without training devices was a farce. The OP is exploring new avenues, not saying it can't be done without them. Having an open mind is such a novel and ridiculous idea, isn't it?

Quote:
I hope God tells her to smash her computer with a sledgehammer.

MacabreMikolaj is offline  
post #26 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,641
• Horses: 0
Thank you MM!! ^^^^

And SH... just wow to the last part..that made me laugh i've gotta say.
HorsesAreForever is offline  
post #27 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,324
• Horses: 0
The OP said she is dropping Parelli completely so she can "work Chance correctly," thus implying Parelli doesn't work horses correctly OR that "correctness" can't be obtained from the program, which is completely inaccurate.
Spirithorse is offline  
post #28 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsesAreForever View Post
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...hele/004-3.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...hele/003-2.jpg

Spyder im glad you see her as becoming a useful horse that's great to hear! I was getting worried about her back preventing her from doing stuff.

All parelli work is basically being dropped because I want to work chance correctly now and get some real muscle on her and get her working nicely :) Cause she has a lot of talent I want to bring out and get her going again.
Well just don't take the opinion that your horse is swayed backed because she is not. Conformation require an eye that recognizes backs that are influenced by the general conformation of the rest of the horse and too many people lump one fault with anything that does not match or come within the realm of their knowledge. The way this back is built is not uncommon with TB's and QHs and it can pose problems to fit a saddle but it is not sway backed, that is for sure.

Allison Finch has a good suggestion however a horse can be ruined using this method if the lunger is unsure with their hands and the reason a line around their butt is what I would suggest first. Her method also presumes the horse has impulsion already. A beginner driver holding both reins and a lung whip to induce forward motion may be too much to handle at this time.

I would use her method after the horse is supplying more natural impulsion.
Spyder is offline  
post #29 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 289
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Well just don't take the opinion that your horse is swayed backed because she is not. Conformation require an eye that recognizes backs that are influenced by the general conformation of the rest of the horse and too many people lump one fault with anything that does not match or come within the realm of their knowledge. The way this back is built is not uncommon with TB's and QHs and it can pose problems to fit a saddle but it is not sway backed, that is for sure.
Ummmmm....? I said she wasn't swayed backed if that was directed towards me.
SavvyHearts is offline  
post #30 of 40 Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,510
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirithorse View Post
The OP said she is dropping Parelli completely so she can "work Chance correctly," thus implying Parelli doesn't work horses correctly OR that "correctness" can't be obtained from the program, which is completely inaccurate.
Your point? This particular individual does not feel parelli is working for her and her horse and that's her perogrative. Nobody was attacking YOUR right to continue doing the same.

Quote:
I hope God tells her to smash her computer with a sledgehammer.

MacabreMikolaj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Draw reins, side reins, chambon, de gogue...please help Duskylove Horse Tack and Equipment 14 07-06-2012 10:22 PM
To lunge or not to lunge, that is the question! melinda27858 Horse Training 51 01-17-2011 09:00 PM
Vieanna Lunge Reins? HorsesAreForever Horse Training 0 08-07-2009 05:39 PM
Split reins or roping reins ddewey Horse Tack and Equipment 1 11-28-2008 10:09 AM
Vienna Lunge Reins SonnyWimps Horse Tack and Equipment 4 06-01-2008 07:57 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome