my horse is afriad of saddles
   

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

my horse is afriad of saddles

This is a discussion on my horse is afriad of saddles within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Why will my mare buck with a saddle but not bare back

Like Tree121Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-12-2012, 10:40 PM
  #1
Foal
my horse is afriad of saddles

My name is Nicki and my mustang mare is broke. I can ride her bare back but it's a constient 15 minutes of ring around the rosey to get the saddle on her back. Then a couple weeks ago I tryed to get on her while the saddle was on her back, and she started to buck. I need any advice I can get, becuase I've never had a horse in my life do this. And this is my frist horse I've owned
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-12-2012, 10:41 PM
  #2
Trained
Get a trainer. They will be able to give you hands on help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Annanoel likes this.
     
    06-12-2012, 10:42 PM
  #3
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover1992    
My name is Nicki and my mustang mare is broke.
I've never had a horse in my life do this. And this is my frist horse I've owned
Not as broke as you think she is. Can you afford a trainer?
Posted via Mobile Device
Skyseternalangel likes this.
     
    06-12-2012, 10:47 PM
  #4
Trained
Sorry-I agree with both of the above. You will need the help of a trainer. She is definitely NOT broke.
themacpack and HagonNag like this.
     
    06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
  #5
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover1992    
My name is Nicki and my mustang mare is broke. I can ride her bare back but it's a constient 15 minutes of ring around the rosey to get the saddle on her back. Then a couple weeks ago I tryed to get on her while the saddle was on her back, and she started to buck. I need any advice I can get, becuase ive never had a horse in my life do this. And this is my frist horse I've owned
??? I'm having a little trouble following that. How much experience do you have with horses? Is this horse one that you have gotten unstarted and are attempting to train yourself or is it a horse that came to you trained and you are having troubles with due to your own inexperience?
The short answer is, you both need the assistance of a professional before one, or both, of you is injured or otherwise damaged by these attempts.
     
    06-12-2012, 10:58 PM
  #6
Foal
If she wasnt broke you guys then I wouldnt be able to ride her bareback without an issue. And no I can't afforid a trainer. I've had some exsperencie, with rideing I've been around horses scene I was 6 but this is the first horse I've owned. And she know's me pritty well. And I dought she's going to hurt me, she's more likely to hurt my cuzin then me. Becuz im around her every day and im strong then my cuzin and the people at the barn that im at to work with her. I aint dumb with horses, im just trying to do the best for my little girl. She take's and under stands her bit. I just believe she's had trama in the past from former abouse. And I know she has, cause when I bought her, she was in a muddy paducked with a bad case of slipper foot. Which she didnt have her feet done all winter
     
    06-12-2012, 10:59 PM
  #7
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover1992    
if she wasnt broke you guys then I wouldnt be able to ride her bareback without an issue. And no I can't afforid a trainer. I've had some exsperencie, with rideing I've been around horses scene I was 6 but this is the first horse I've owned. And she know's me pritty well. And I dought she's going to hurt me, she's more likely to hurt my cuzin then me. Becuz im around her every day and im strong then my cuzin and the people at the barn that im at to work with her. I aint dumb with horses, im just trying to do the best for my little girl. She take's and under stands her bit. I just believe she's had trama in the past from former abouse. And I know she has, cause when I bought her, she was in a muddy paducked with a bad case of slipper foot. Which she didnt have her feet done all winter
And with that, *I'm out*.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    06-12-2012, 11:02 PM
  #8
Foal
I mean I got someone over in NY who dose the extreme mustang mackover's whos willing to help me free of charge. But it's just setting up a time and place for her to help me.
     
    06-12-2012, 11:10 PM
  #9
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover1992    
i mean I got someone over in NY who dose the extreme mustang mackover's whos willing to help me free of charge. But it's just setting up a time and place for her to help me.
I suggest you make yourself available, and soak up what they tell you like a sponge. Just because you can sit on a horse bareback does not make them "broke".
themacpack, HagonNag and Palomine like this.
     
    06-12-2012, 11:14 PM
  #10
Green Broke
By doing what's best for her (and you) would be getting both of you a trainer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Palomine likes this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are Rocking R saddles and Dakota saddles? Simply Hot N Rockin Reining 9 08-27-2014 01:20 AM
Voltair Saddles | Saddles for Short English Eventers/Field Hunters CJ82Sky Horse Tack Reviews 2 06-07-2012 11:25 AM
Aussie Saddles vs. Western Saddles? SunnyK01 Horse Tack and Equipment 27 04-08-2012 08:36 AM
How to know what saddles will fit my horse? citycowgirl Horse Tack and Equipment 4 11-02-2011 09:33 PM
Question :) Gaited horse saddles and non gaited horse saddles. Travellersmom88 Horse Riding Critique 6 07-24-2011 11:40 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0