So Im three months late on starting this thing, but what ever. If you don't know I got 3 months ago as a westurn horse that I am going to train for jumpers. He has always been used for versatility classes, and team pennig, and so his right lead is REALLY hard to get.This is him on a trial ride....
And here is a video of the same day.
He was in a huge shank bit, with 2 curb chains, and a good amount of tongue relief.
He was nervous and shaky, and very prancy and afriad to move forward.
I brought him home, and we put him in a loose ring 3-piece, and he was --okay-- with it, but it had no tongue relief. So this is about a month of him being with me....
^^^^^^^^^^^Notice what lead we are on!!!!!
And lastly this picture cause its pretty
All right, so after a while in this era we began jumping (his first 2 jumps)... I know my release is not great here, so no comments.
Alright so after this we changed into a broken pelham, didn't last long.
So we went into a ported kimberwick, and that did us pretty well. We learned how to do simple changes well, and courses with changes(not on the flat strangly enough)
And this is how we are (sorry no flat)
One month later.....
And 2 days ago I switched him yet again to a D-ring, ported 3 piece which he does well in, I'll add an update and more pictures when the ring is dry from the flooding!