New Years Resolutions 2014!
Hello all! I thought I would make a thread where you could set goals for you and your horse(s) for the upcoming year, and track your progress with posts/pictures/videos/whatever.
For Toofine this year my goals are:
1. Ride outside of the ring more often to develop consistency of his gaits no matter where we are. He gets very tense and go go go outside of the arena, so we definitely need to work on his relaxation and work ethic.
2. Get both of his leads consistently, on a straight line. Also, be able to do simple lead changes, quietly.
3. Be able to ride with slack in my rein and have him manage what speed he is going at. Currently if I take away my contact, he will quicken his pace and raise his head up. I want him to be round, relaxed and consistent on loose rein.
4. Overall, I want him to be more relaxed and soft.
1. To finish basic groundwork and manners with her.
2. Put lots and lots of miles on her on trails and in the arena.
3. Desensitize her to scary situations, and teach her to react in a controllable, safe manner.
1. Have my hands stay quiet and soft no matte what situation presents itself.
2. Participate in 1 recognized 3 day event
3. School at an xc course with many different levels and questions at it, so I can really test my horse. (B/N, N jumps for sure, maybe Training too!)
What is everyone else's resolutions/goals for the New year?